Cheap NASCAR?!

Discussion in '2000 BMW X5 Lemans Concept' started by MarkVIII, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Whoever said the NASCAR cars are cheap is a moron!!!

They cost MUCH more than a Ferrari or Lamborghini EVER could, and here's a few reasons why:

750+ hp V8s

2500 lbs and less

1.5g lateral accelaration

And plenty other reasons I can't even think of right now.

So think of that the next time you call next time you call NASCAR cars cheap.

2. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

NASCAR... ok, it ain't cheap to start up a NASCAR team, but all i gotta say is that teams from the Le Mans have way way higher budgets than that of the Le Mans... and here's why

Most teams have Windtunnels, which cost lots
    They design everything themselves, rather than just taking a stock care and doing some mods to it.
    The chassis and everything is redesigned.
    Engines can produce up to 900+ HP.
    and most of all, THEY DON'T RACE ON OVALS, but instead proper race tracks. Good Strategy, bla bla bla, is much harder to figure out.

Oh one thing, in Le Mans, they try to make their cars last 24 hours, meaning engine and chassis design is much more difficult and expensive.

3. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

Nascar r cheap compared to Le Mans cars for many reasons like the fact that Le Mans make the entire car and that they have to work on accleration, brakes and handling a lot more because THEY DON'T GO IN CIRCLES (which makes nascar extremely boring an pointless.)<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from branng</i>
    <b>NASCAR... ok, it ain't cheap to start up a NASCAR team, but all i gotta say is that teams from the Le Mans have way way higher budgets than that of the Le Mans... and here's why

Most teams have Windtunnels, which cost lots
    They design everything themselves, rather than just taking a stock care and doing some mods to it.
    The chassis and everything is redesigned.
    Engines can produce up to 900+ HP.
    and most of all, THEY DON'T RACE ON OVALS, but instead proper race tracks. Good Strategy, bla bla bla, is much harder to figure out.

Oh one thing, in Le Mans, they try to make their cars last 24 hours, meaning engine and chassis design is much more difficult and expensive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Le Mans car may be able to put out that much horsepower but it doesnt on the track. It is restricted to only about 600.

5. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

I don't know much about the money, but it's quite obvious that Le Mans cars are many times more expensive than the NASCAR cars and are much, much faster.

What I really don't like about NASCAR is the way people enjoy the crashes, pointless. But NASCAR does have some interesting things to it.

6. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

could u tell me what is interesting about NASCAR? going in circles?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MarkVIII</i>
    <b>Whoever said the NASCAR cars are cheap is a moron!!!

They cost MUCH more than a Ferrari or Lamborghini EVER could, and here's a few reasons why:

750+ hp V8s

2500 lbs and less

1.5g lateral accelaration

And plenty other reasons I can't even think of right now.

So think of that the next time you call next time you call NASCAR cars cheap.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

wow those are some amazing stats for an SUV<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

there are more passes in a nascar race than an F1 season. thats interesting for starters. FYI there are several non oval tracks on the nascar circut. nascars have nothing to do with production model sedans besides the shape (which they don't look like anyway) i enjoy f1 much more as well, but your all #$%#ing #%$gots. get a #$%#ing clue you zeros.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

any way you look at it, nascar sux
    they accelerate to high speeds,the cool part, then they all go around and around and around till the race is over.
    it is a discrace to all car co. that participate
    rather see a gt or touring race anyday

10. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

rally are more interesting. <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kalboy</i>
    <b>rally are more interesting. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree Rally Cups are by far the most interesting of all races I've seen and from what I saw...It ain't as easy as just driving in circles (NASCAR).

PS: One NASCAR driver once said: "After 180 MPH you get quite dizzy"...Who the hell wouldn't driving in circles as such high speeds!!!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

550BARCHETTA: Ya, keep telling yourself that, I'm going for a spin in my Barchetta.

I say: NICE REPLY!!!!!

13. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Barchetta</i>
    <b>ya, keep tellin urself, that, I am goin for a spin in my Barchetta</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Can U see what's wrong with my tailight??? (McLaren F1)<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

nascar does suck but the engines are cool. they make over 700 hp with only one carberator. that guy was wrong though, they weigh well over 3000 lbs.

15. Re: Cheap NASCAR?!

I agree that NASCAR does suck. It amazes me how Nascar is the number one spectator sport. I guess that means there are a lot of redneck fools in the world. It is just like watching matchbox cars go around their little tracks, at least those tracks are more involved then a big oval.

NASCAR SUCKS