Chevrolet might be making a BIG mistake

Discussion in '2006 Lexus SC430 GT500' started by Ferrari Monkey, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Chevrolet might be making a BIG mistake

it started off as a car but now it is just an ugly truck that looks like they just threw it together

2. Re: Chevrolet might be making a BIG mistake

I agree... and to think, the PT had a 9 SECOND 0-60.
    This will FLY off the shelves...er...dealerships.

3. Re: Chevrolet might be making a BIG mistake

GM needs to lok at its buyers market again. If they want to recoop the performance market they cant do it by offering a NEW performance car at a base of $44K and expect it to sell like hotcakes. Thats not how it was back in the musclecar era (I'm told) when we had beasts like the Yenko, and the TRUE z28 and SS, GTO ...

Yeah By the way, GM. DON'T INSULT THE AMERICAM MUSCLE MOTORING PUBLIC BY BRINGING AN IMPORT HERE AND NAMING IT AFTER AN AMERICAN ICON BY SLAPPING GTO BAGES ON IT. Hey I'm a compact man and I'm kinda ok with imports, but MY GOSH DON'T BURN DOWN AN AMERICAN PERFORMANCE ICON LIKE THAT YOU MORONS!

In my world, compacts and muscle cars meet at the drive-in in unity. We're in the same boat. We are kings of the road and the public doesn't like us. Too bad huh?

4. Re: Chevrolet might be making a BIG mistake

i like and dont like this car. i saw it on the road for the first time today. its pretty ugly. it almost looks like the world is going into the future TOO fast.. it looks like it shuld hav came out in 10 years. it really isnt worth the buy. youll get some looks, and its fast, and its a pretty cool ride but its just not that great over all.

5. Re: Chevrolet might be making a BIG mistake

What it's supposed to look like, and what it is...

Well when chevy unveils it the phone's gonna ring off the hook with chrysler asking chevy to bring back the PT Cruiser they borrowed.

All in all it's sounding like it's gonna be Competition for the PT, seeing as it's gonna be powered by a damned Inline 4.

Supposed to be a bit bigger and more money though, but we'll see.

Styling will be similar to the SSR, but more oldschool suburban-ish, rather than oldschool truck-ish.

6. #31 Dr. Claw, Mar 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016