Christofurr and I need ideas for new watches

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by TrueSportsCarMechanic, Feb 12, 2014.

1. What's yo budget?

2. I would not wear it every day, but it would be a great watch to wear for beachdays/hiking/camping etc

3. I don't wear a watch to the beach , sand gets under the crown and makes mine hard to wind … I wouldn't get an ugly watch thinking , oh i'll only wear it sometimes so it will only be ugly in a handful of situations

4. I don't think it's ugly at all, it's just suited to certain situations and not others.

5. #55 christofurr, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    The recent update changed the looks a little (no better or worse) but added a better movement (hacking and hand winding) so it's worth getting. It's generally the only one available now unless you're looking used anyway.

They're pretty bullet proof watches.
    http://www.ablogtowatch.com/seiko-srp313k1-new-monster-dive-watch-review/

6. #56 Marki, Feb 16, 2014
    Awesome, what's the best place to buy em?

7. #57 Archaeopteryx, Feb 16, 2014
  8. #58 christofurr, Mar 17, 2014
  9. I hate to love good looking watches because I always end up scratching the shit of out them

it'll alaways be like "oh I won't scratch it ill be careful" then BAM, scratch the #$%#er

10. #60 Veyronman, Mar 17, 2014
    I'm pretty certain I'll end up buying this once I start my new job.

11. #61 Veyronman, Mar 17, 2014
  12. Kalenderfunktion ! omg!

13. #63 op, Mar 18, 2014
  14. They're good, solid, reliable watches. Those ones (similar to my Grandfather's bumper automatic) are from when Omega was less 'prestigious' than they are today, but they were still well made and, judging by how many are still kicking around, reliable.
    Says it's serviced, but I'd take that with a grain of salt and budget a bit more money to have it freshly serviced when/if you get it. Better to be safe than sorry with older movements if you intend to keep it for a while.

15. ew ew ew ew ew

seamaster is such a nice looking watch and the speedmaster is such a cluster#$%#, i hate it

16. I just purchased a PRC200, I've been eyeing one off for a while now, and saw one with a sizeable discount in a shop (warranty etc, not a replica off the internet).

How do you guys justify spending over $1000 on a watch? I understand the interest in fine watches, but there is a long list of things I would buy before a really expensive watch.

17. I bought my Nomos with money my Grandfather left me when he passed away. I could have used it on any number of things, a holiday, part of a deposit on a house, towards a new car, but none of them felt right. This watch will be with me until the day I die, and will hopefully get handed down to any kids/grandkids when I do. I also have to wind it every day, which is a nice 10-15 seconds where I'm reminded of him daily.

18. That's pretty cool.

I was more asking the question to the guys looking at Tags, IWC and Omegas.

19. #71 SpunBearings, Mar 21, 2014
  20. #72 Marki, Mar 21, 2014
  21. #73 christofurr, Mar 23, 2014
  22. #74 Veyronman, Mar 23, 2014
  23. #75 christofurr, Mar 23, 2014
    Ya, there's a bit of a premium for the dial and the collaboration, but it's worth it.