Cien vs. Mclaren F1

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac Cien Concept' started by F50_Rulez, Aug 9, 2002.

1. This car should be able to beat the Mclaren F1,at least on a straight road.

2. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

I AM A HUGE FAN OF AMERICAN MUSCLE, but i would have to say that the Mclaren would win.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

Mclaren would win... the engine is definately better than Mclaren but u have to realize that Mclaren is 10 years old but still the king...
    plus, the Mclaren has one of the best acceleration and the Cien is a concept!!!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

Will everyone shut with: Would it beat a McLaren F1? Someone should start comparing cars to the XJ220 or the Koenigsegg CC 8S or something else thats not a McLaren F1.

5. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

comon guys, what the hell u talking about, even though it has a BMW engine its still a McLaren, thats why there is a McLaren. And how can you compare a concept, with a McLaren?
    And out of all of those, with a Cadillac concept?
    this is probably the only car of Cadillac that I like (in terms of looks), but a company that makes cars that look like 'boxes' (squared edges) and hasnt even started any supercar production...comparing with a McLaren?? This car has a great horsepower, but I dont think its speed will exceed that of McLarens'.
    Though I really like this car, but 'Cadillac' and '750bhp'...cant imagine that the two are related.

6. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

Forget the fact that it is a concept for a minute. Even if in production, this car would most likely lost badly to the McLaren, unless the driver of the cadillac slashed the McLarens tires or something. But even then...<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

actually it is a volkswagon engine, plus the f1 is just 3/4 million dollar peice a shit, i mean honestly for that kind of money if the car doesnt give me head it isnt worth it

8. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

Nah, I'm sure about the Mclarens engine though, its a BMW v-12 engine. And proof that its not VWs', cause they never perfected making 12 cylinder engines. BMW has though, the out-of-production 8 series is an example.

9. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

gm isn't making this car to be the fastest car, which mclaren seeks to do. cadillac isn't even labeling this as a sports car they are calling it a corporate communications tool. So its basically gonna be a midengine car w/ a cup holder and a bunch of computerized stuff. this car may not be faster, but it will definitely be more luxurious, it'll have a detachable targa roof, and you wont have to spend so much on gas b/c of the Displacement-On-Demand, which turns the v-12 into an inline 6 when ur not needing the power. This will be a car for rich people who want the ability to go fast and be comfortable. If cadillac beats the mclaren on their first try, then mclaren better go back to the drawing boards. And for all u that hate american cars, this car was designed by a brit.

10. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LMillyunaire</i>
    <b> Let me start by saying that JCstrykerRVD is a #$%#ing idiot...First of all like the other guy said, it is a BMW V-12..so get to know your shit before you talk JC#%$gotRVD. The McLaren F1 is a beautiful car and it is'nt $750,000.00...it is about $1,250,000.00 dumbass.It costs that much because alot of the components are made of 24kt gold...gold is the best conductor of electricity..so there's where alot of the price comes from.Copper is the most economical but not the best. The Cien and McLaren are both bad ass cars..but like another guy said the McLaren is 10 years old and still king and one of the fastest street legal post-production cars ever.
    L-Millyunaire
    McLaren For Life!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ummm ur wrong. Silver is the best conducter of electricity. Silver conducts heat and electricity better than any other metal does. You must be mistaken, gold is better in ductility (the ability to be drawn out into fine wires) and malleability (the ability to be hammered into various shapes), but not conductivity.

11. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

any time LMillyunaire

12. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LMillyunaire</i>
    <b> Let me start by saying that JCstrykerRVD is a #$%#ing idiot...First of all like the other guy said, it is a BMW V-12..so get to know your shit before you talk JC#%$gotRVD. The McLaren F1 is a beautiful car and it is'nt $750,000.00...it is about $1,250,000.00 dumbass.It costs that much because alot of the components are made of 24kt gold...gold is the best conductor of electricity..so there's where alot of the price comes from.Copper is the most economical but not the best. The Cien and McLaren are both bad ass cars..but like another guy said the McLaren is 10 years old and still king and one of the fastest street legal post-production cars ever.
    L-Millyunaire
    McLaren For Life!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i dont remember when gold was a electric maker but i do kno that on the mclaren it was a heat protector cuz it just takes in the heat and doesnt burn up. the mclaren is just a bulshiyt car only known for the almost top speed and the gold lining in the engine... cien wud be made in 250k and just pure muscle... this had to be a great car for gm i dont care if it did or didnt beat mclaren.... i dont remember when mclaren died 10 yrs ago... last i heard they made a concept for 2003 i dunno maybe thats just shiyt talk but anywayz i do kno this prob wud beat a mclaren if not, it wud be becuase of the weight.... the exra seats this has and the dashboard with the navigation and all... that wud definitly be a problem when racing....

this was just ta let u kno ppl and stfu if u dont kno shiyt!

13. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

that curse that i said at the end wasnt for u limly it was for ppl who dont kno crap bout gm and try to diss it.... i just wanted to clear up what u said

14. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

i love the power.... what wud be more impressive is if it were a v8<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

You funny people... The McLaren would toast this thing in any race, the looks are waaaaay better then this lunchboxes' and even worse... this is an Amercian car... brrr.....<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rafale</i>
    <b>You funny people... The McLaren would toast this thing in any race, the looks are waaaaay better then this lunchboxes' and even worse... this is an Amercian car... brrr.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

umm yeh rite.. mclaren tops 240 mph this shud be near the same or at most, 250. i bet if mclaren did have that radio, cd player, cup holder, and extra seat it wudnt be anywhere near 240. the only reason it cud even reach 200 was the lightweight body. yeh shure mclaren may look better u say that cuz ure used to drooling over one, why dont u look at the facts b4 u even decide to start talkin<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rafale</i>
    <b>You funny people... The McLaren would toast this thing in any race, the looks are waaaaay better then this lunchboxes' and even worse... this is an Amercian car... brrr.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    You're contradicting your signature.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

this is for wakkawu, The McLaren has a CD-Player and 3-seats (driver sits in the middle). 680hp in the McLaren GTR. Millionaires, PREFER this car because of its limited production and raw BMW V-12 power. The buyer gets his name on the frame and u are sent to Britian so u they (Mclaren factory) can mold ur seat to ur body. Nothing is greater then a McLaren. -Bree

19. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M3n02</i>
    <b>this is for wakkawu, The McLaren has a CD-Player and 3-seats (driver sits in the middle). 680hp in the McLaren GTR. Millionaires, PREFER this car because of its limited production and raw BMW V-12 power. The buyer gets his name on the frame and u are sent to Britian so u they (Mclaren factory) can mold ur seat to ur body. Nothing is greater then a McLaren. -Bree</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    1.)The GTR only has about 600 hp, compared to 750 (supposedly) for this car. This car probably has atleast 600 hp.

2.)Millionaires prefer the McLaren? Did you take a poll?<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M3n02</i>
    <b>this is for wakkawu, The McLaren has a CD-Player and 3-seats (driver sits in the middle). 680hp in the McLaren GTR. Millionaires, PREFER this car because of its limited production and raw BMW V-12 power. The buyer gets his name on the frame and u are sent to Britian so u they (Mclaren factory) can mold ur seat to ur body. Nothing is greater then a McLaren. -Bree</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

.......??????...... im just gunna stand here and let this whole forum sink into ure head first then u cud talk smart again.....

good nuff time? k anwyayz the mclaren only has 1 seat - middle.... where the hell is the back 2 seats? mclaren never had bak 2 seats.... either that or i didnt kno anywayz wheres the cup holder????? and yes, i do kno the facts of mclaren f1. u dont need to waste ure time trying to prove that u kno how much hp the car has. and umm did u try to take a trip on over to "top speed" column.... whos there... wait a minute.... o yes yes its CORVETTE im sorry.. do u wanna correct ure dumass now mr think he knoews shiyt. the greatest thing of mclaren - the gold engine. and why do millionaires prefer mclaren???? ----- they have the money ----- why wud they waste theyre money on a R!CE burner when they cud get a million dollar car already with power??? and u can not cmpare the cien vs mclaren just yet. the cien hasnt been produced yet, so u really cant say crap bout it.....<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ZR28Camaro</i>
    <b>I AM A HUGE FAN OF AMERICAN MUSCLE, but i would have to say that the Mclaren would win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yeah this goes 225 not 240<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

ive seen this in the new york auto show clipping nice as #$%#! they showed a clip of how it drives and no pedals or anything very nice!!!<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Bigblockbrawler426Hemistage8</i>
    <b>this is the millenium caddy</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Yip.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>ive seen this in the new york auto show clipping nice as #$%#! they showed a clip of how it drives and no pedals or anything very nice!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->No pedals what?<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Cien vs. Mclaren F1

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from M3n02</i>

.......??????...... im just gunna stand here and let this whole forum sink into ure head first then u cud talk smart again.....

good nuff time? k anwyayz the mclaren only has 1 seat - middle.... where the hell is the back 2 seats? mclaren never had bak 2 seats.... either that or i didnt kno anywayz wheres the cup holder????? and yes, i do kno the facts of mclaren f1. u dont need to waste ure time trying to prove that u kno how much hp the car has. and umm did u try to take a trip on over to "top speed" column.... whos there... wait a minute.... o yes yes its CORVETTE im sorry.. do u wanna correct ure dumass now mr think he knoews shiyt. the greatest thing of mclaren - the gold engine. and why do millionaires prefer mclaren???? ----- they have the money ----- why wud they waste theyre money on a R!CE burner when they cud get a million dollar car already with power??? and u can not cmpare the cien vs mclaren just yet. the cien hasnt been produced yet, so u really cant say crap bout it.....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->well nobody can compare the cien to the maclaren f1 because the caddy is based on the f22 technology which is not the case of the mac laren.