CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM' started by nicecar, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I believe the Mercedes is Rad, so it would win<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

My vote would go to the M3 but im not sure...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

lol whoa! comare the 2...

4. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SrAsCaL36</i>
    <b>My vote would go to the M3 but im not sure...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    How much Marajuana does it take to say something like that?? M3 is a Production Sports car. The CLK-DTM is a Race car. What the hell are you saying?? <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

yeah im wit ya on that one . Its just dumb to say that a normal production car can out do a racing car , especially one tuned by DTM,tHEY ARE THE COOLEST

6. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

I don't know, in the DTM (Deutsche Tourenwagen Meistershaft - German Touring Car Championship) there are many restrictions in engine, spoiler,... But the Mercedes might still win (haven't seen the M3 stats yet). Maybe the M3 championship car (don't know which championship) is stronger I think.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Skyline and Celica Man</i>
    <b>yeah im wit ya on that one . Its just dumb to say that a normal production car can out do a racing car , especially one tuned by DTM,tHEY ARE THE COOLEST
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    are u stupid? DTM is the name of the racing series this car is in. DTM is not a tuner. How stupid can you be? The M3 GTR would give this car a run for its money but I would like to see them both go at it. Also do yu actullay think someone would race a stock M3? moron

8. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

This MB would eat up the M3 alive.

BMW's sux, Benz cars are better.

9. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

I'll have an M3 GTR strassenversion, as we all know that the V8 M3's ate ALMS latt year, winning an unprecidented 6 of 8 races. Besides, I really think that MB and AMG should take a look into producing homoligation specials of this for the road. If not the 470hp motor, at least the wide body, and intimidating fender flares.

10. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

Both are Awsome in my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

merc for me!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

I think BMW should enter the DTM series with a M3 made to DTM specs, and race against this and the Opels. Then it would be better to compare the two.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

the DTM vs. the M3GTR would be a very good race. Both have 4lv-8's capable of prob 500+hp unrestricted. I think they weigh about the same and a similarly constructed?. the DTM has more Aero mods i think though (diffusor). That would be really great to watch!<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

I don't wanna say this....but ne one on this forum thas says this is better than the other...is jus plain stupid...not knowing the stats.....ne how....lol...this part is gonna be funny...not knowing the stats i am gonna vote aswell on this one....and i would say i would put my money on the upgraded M3 GTR or whatever is coming after it....as there is already talk of scraping the M3 GTR or something like that....i hope i read right in the magazine otherwise i guess i can expect critisism for what i just said now....if i'm wrong...then i'm sorry guys....but ne way...as for which one is faster...MY MONEY IS ON BIMMER GTR.

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM v 2000 M3 GTR....i don't think it is quite fair as to the way technology moves these days...but however....u have my answer above!!!

Peace all.

15. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

the mercedes all the way the M3 is nice but it is a production car and the merc is a race car and it is just soo beautiful.

16. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

Im guessing this car is a lot more fine tuned and focused than the M3, even though that's good too. I'd take this anyday, if it means half as much business as it seems, it'd be nice.

17. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

Mercedes for me..i've read an American mag aricle..the one with the CLK55AMG and the CLK-DTM and they said that the unristricted CLK-DTM engine makes 600bhp.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

OK, maybe none of you have seen the facts, the clk kick the shit out of the m3 in almost every race. the cars that usualy won in the dtm circut was the clk and the porsche, the m3 was way behind..... i just thought u should know that

19. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nicecar</i>
    <b>I believe the Mercedes is Rad, so it would win</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Man, thats one Kick Ass avatar. Where were you febuary 24th 2002?

Angus<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

I prefer the CLK-DTM.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

i'd back the merc baby.
    Later<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

man u ppl can be so ignorant !!

23. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

So true

24. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

Ok you might be confusing about something here!!! there's no porshes or M3's in DTM...there's audis TT's complety redesigned for the races by ABT and there's opels...
    I see guys here that really don't know a thing about DTM...where do you live people!?!??
    Anyway this is one hell of a car, but it was especially designed as a race car not a road car...So the one who started this topic is a complete asshole!!!
    the car has 470Hp and weights under 1 ton!!! all the body is made of carbon fiber...guys this is not a tuned CLK, this is a completely different CLK, there's nothing of a clk in it except the looks!!! it a car build from scratch especially for races!!! and it has outsanding aerodynamics it goes over 300km/h on a circuit, during races!!!

DTM are the fastest races in GT championships ( except Leman ) ,
    the BMW E46 M3 GTR Strassenversion has 450Hp and weights 1350Kg, so there's no way it could beat up the CLK-DTM...anyway they're in different leagues...

please guys don't post anything before you're informed about it

25. Re: CLK-DTM vs. M3? PLEASE PLEASE answer

a M3 GTR would eat the CLK alive