C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by Adam Orrock, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Don't get me wrong, the 360 is one of the hottest looking car out there. but honestly, would it hurt to turbocharge a ferrari just once? how about putting the racey F-50 dynamics and brake calipers on it? i love this car to death, but c'mon ferrari, you could do faster then that.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

ferrari is the best car ever built and im sure they are not giving it 100% of what they got. one of these days they will proof they are the best no matter what, like they did in Formula 1. they can creat a car with better performance than a laborghini, porsche and even mclaren mixt together, and when that day comes..........<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

Adam if you think Ferrari has never
    built a turbo car. Check out the 1984
    288GTO. I think you will be impressed.

I got a need...a need for SPEED!!!!!!!!

4. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Adam Orrock</i>
    <b>Don't get me wrong, the 360 is one of the hottest looking car out there. but honestly, would it hurt to turbocharge a ferrari just once? how about putting the racey F-50 dynamics and brake calipers on it? i love this car to death, but c'mon ferrari, you could do faster then that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Turbochargers and Superchargers change the performance of the car, they don't just improve it. The Ferrari engineers understand this and made a decision not to force-aspirate their engines. I can certainly appreciate why they wouldn't want to do that. If you think you can make a better car than Ferrari, go to Koenig. They'll hook you up with whatever you want.

The F-50 was meant to be outrageous; this car is meant to be classy, sporty, exclusive, and exotic. If you ask me, the styling succeeds in all of these areas. The car looks very modern and very sleek, so to question the Pininfarina-inspired lines of this masterpiece is a little pompous.

The brake calipers are similar, only slightly smaller. They're Brembo cross-drilled, ventilated discs, and they're the best brakes in the world other than the Porsche CBS on the GT2 and optional on the Turbo.

I'm glad you ended your comments with an expression of love for this car, because otherwise I would have thought you were totally insane. This is a wonderful car that has become everyone's "Best Sports Car" winner. I'm glad we can agree on that.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

Or how about the F-40?It was Turbo as well.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

oh shutup i mean don't u no there doing great so just give ferrari a break

7. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Adam Orrock</i>
    <b>Don't get me wrong, the 360 is one of the hottest looking car out there. but honestly, would it hurt to turbocharge a ferrari just once? how about putting the racey F-50 dynamics and brake calipers on it? i love this car to death, but c'mon ferrari, you could do faster then that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ferrari never wanted the 360 to be the fastest car around, neither in top speed nor in acceleration, but they do want it to handle the best possible at high speeds. Of course they wanted it to be fast, but they mainly wanted to make a mid-engine RWD GT that came as close as possible to F1 cars, but that was still a road car. Ferrari aims at technology and high speed handling, speed comes as a natural consequence.

F1 cars aren't turbo anymore, and Ferrari makes F1 inspired cars, so they won't be making any turbo-charged car for quite a while I imagine.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: C'mon Ferrari!!!!!

emmanuel is that your yellow ferrari on the pic?