Cobra VS 250 GTO

Discussion in '1962 Ferrari 250 GTO' started by sk8er1988, Nov 11, 2002.

1. The classic LM battle, what do you think?

2. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Well, a Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe would capture the flag, but the GTO gave the other Cobras a run for their money according to the history books. Ferrari DID win the championship from 1962 through 1964, after all.

3. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

yeah she looks nice to

4. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Ferrari

5. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

250 against the cobra. the 250 but if the cobra was a daytona who knows

6. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

DEPENDS ON THE DRIVER

7. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Yes it does.

8. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

nice car

I'm happy to see nobody posted that a Z06 can smoke this

9. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

nice car

I'm happy to see nobody posted that a Z06 can smoke this

10. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Good point. That's why I came here. To flaim anyone who would do that.

11. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

It probably could, but thats not a fair comparison. That would be like comparing it to an Audi R8

12. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Totally on the driver, good point. Back in the good ol days the driver made the cars. Total opposite today which is sad to see.

13. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

look at engine sizes. 180 cu inch v12??? and a 427 v8

14. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

a z06 can smoke this

im glad that someone mentioned the part about it coming down to the driver. unless you are driving an automatic on a drag strip, it allways matters who is driving.

just today i saw the gt touring cars race. it became apparent to me that the saleen mustang had way more power than any other cars because on the final few laps it was neck and neck with a porsche gt3. the saleen would keep passing the porsche on the straight aways and the porsche would be back in front coming out of the turn and so it went for about 2 laps, i thought they were just looping the tape. in the end the saleen won by a narrow margin. the saleen was clearly faster in terms of speed but apparently hte porsche had a great driver and in the end it was that skill that kept it so close, had the driver been anyone but a veteran racer the saleen would have passed and then had 2 laps to build a lead.

point is, unless you have civic and a porsche racing each other, the driver always matters and i personaly have beaten many a driver on the typical stoplight runs that had cars that would pull 0-60 a full second faster and beaten them in the end because they missed a shift or shifted just a tad too late. in the racing world .001 seconds is the difference between winning and losing and 1 mistake can put you in last place.

15. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

yeah maybe, but the Z06 it not 40 years old

16. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

The 427 Cobra and the 250 GTO accomplished different things. They were dominant in their own spheres of influence- they each had their own turf. One would win an LM tour and the other win a street race down a strip.

17. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Fine. You can have your damn ZO6. I'll take the Ferrari and let's see who gets more dates....Not only that, but why did you include all the stuff about Porsche vs. Saleen? This is the forum for the 1962/3 Ferrari 250 GTO Series I in case you hadn't noticed.

18. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

250gto hands down

19. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Somehow I doubt you'd drive a 9 million+ dollar car on the road

20. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

It's really that expensive,9 million + dollars?

21. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Again this wasn't me....(I forgot to log off)

Now as for the thread question,I say 250GTO all the way!

22. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

Is the Z06 from the early 60's like this car you freaking Imbicile?
    Aren't you smart,you figured out that a 2002 car could beat a 60's car,wow,good for you,want a cookie?

23. Re: Cobra VS 250 GTO

The Ferrari is the better car. It would win on a track that requires speed. The cobra has better acceleration from a start and out of tight corners. Not surprising givin it has a larger diplacement V8 which is best at producing torque. The Daytona and the GTO are equal overall but the GTO is better because it is the original design and the Daytona is a ripoff.

24. Stupid dumbass