Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Elise Type 72' started by 67ChevelleSS, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

"Yes, Bob. I'd like to buy a CLUE."

2. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

HAHA, good call Chris. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

You just don't understand Lotus, do you?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

I wish I could buy a wicked driver's car, then make it handle like shit.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

Hahaha. They did moron. It is called the Lotus GT1. Same engine as the Esprit V8. <!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

forgive the child, the ramifications of power to weight ratio and weight balance has not dawned on his mind yet

These are ppl who will be blinking when the Elise leaves them eating dust in their V8

7. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

*sssslap!*<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

i agree with u guys on everything except the last (being the owner of a fiat x1/9..which weighs 850 kg with about 75 hp...mid-engine mm) ... in the stock form this isn't leaving any reasonable (under 10k$ of engine reconditioning/modifying) 350 or 351 behind..(and i'm not saying it should..just askin that last guy to get his hand off it..)

gotta luv this little thing.. was most upset when it didn't win such and such a car magazine's performance car of the year because it lacked creature comforts...

i believe a little 6 or 7 psi super'd be great for this.. or if you *had* to, turbos..

i feel the super is more inline with this car's ethos.. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

Every now and then, people want to actually move forward at full throttle! Not spin their tires till they fall off! That is what tuning is for...to make your car run to perfection so you can achieve the perfect balance between hp and weight, handling and acceleration, top end and quarter mile. The type of V-8 you are talking about proabably weighs more than the car, therefore, it would only make the car stand up on it's back wheels during launch. Then if took it on a track and you go around a turn, the rear end would slide out, you'd lose it, and probably end up stuffed into a wall because your weight wasn't balanced right. Your mind must be pretty narrow because it can only concentrate on a straight line!!! This thread is pure, unadelterated ignorance at it's peak. <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

Some people here are really morons...

11. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

hey, 67chevelleSS you are some stupid shit
    the entire reason that the lotus elise is even remotely special is its extremely low weight and perfect 50/50 f/r weight distribution
    that is how it was rated the best handling car for track by r&t
    u are such an ignorant dumbshit
    <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

He dosent understand teh concept of light cars<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

oh i got the next best idea, slap on a V12 and get 700hp. we have some idiots that need to be dropped of a cliff

14. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from carguy8007</i>
    <b>hey, 67chevelleSS you are some stupid shit
    the entire reason that the lotus elise is even remotely special is its extremely low weight and perfect 50/50 f/r weight distribution
    that is how it was rated the best handling car for track by r&t
    u are such an ignorant dumbshit
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have the weight distribution wrong. The split is 39/61. <!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

yeah well just cuz this lotus doesnt go 0-60 in 2 sec. and doesnt go 200mph doesnt mean that it sucks. i bet you it probably handles better than most of those 200mph and up cars i know the exige does. lotus is about making cars people will like not cars that cost 200,000 dollars and exceed 200 mph. maybe you should judge a car by its overall performance and not its 0-60 time or its top speed.

I love Jennifer!!!!!!!!

16. Re: Come on slap a damn 8cyl. in that shit 120mph hahah

Well said, but still have got people sayin this car is "gutless". shows how much they know.