comments from real lamborghini owner

Discussion in '1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT' started by allan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. ive been reading your threads, and alot of what im reading seems to be quoted directly from your average magazines. if you people are interested in real world experiences in a diablo, or a countach for that matter, let me know. im on my 3rd lambo, a 1998 diablo sv, which is quite a special car.

2. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

i got a diablo 2 the are great carz they accelerate like shit and 4 all u police men out there in your crown victorias u better not even
    try pursuing me or dragracing me

3. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

Yeha, You soumd like like a real Lambo owner. (insert rolleyes emoticon here)

4. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

i figured most of you were kids in here, and i expected this kind of response. 1. if you go to the lamborghiniregistry.com , click on cars, click on diablo, then sv, you will see my car is registered to me. same as if you click on countach 5000s qv, my car is there also. this is a sight were owners register their cars. judging by the responses ive gotten here so far, this may not be worth the effort.

5. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

thats accually my lambo, if you go to if/you/had/a/lambo/you/would't/be/here.com click on "your a liar" then on "shut up" then on "go away" youll see my mclaren f1 lm<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from allan</i>
    <b>i figured most of you were kids in here, and i expected this kind of response. 1. if you go to the lamborghiniregistry.com , click on cars, click on diablo, then sv, you will see my car is registered to me. same as if you click on countach 5000s qv, my car is there also. this is a sight were owners register their cars. judging by the responses ive gotten here so far, this may not be worth the effort.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I was referring to Navigator.

7. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

Hey Alan,

you still own those Lambo's?

8. #8 allan, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

i traded the 87 countach and 92 diablo for my 1998 sv and a acura nsx. actually if you look on www.nelsonlamborghini.com and get into the lambos for sale, you can see both of them, as that is where i purchased my new car.

9. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

Hey allan,
    I have some questions for you. Now will assumme you really do have a '98 Lamborghini Diablo SV seeing as you can give some "evidence" (however shady it seems). Well, I heard that all '99 Diablo's were fitted with VVT (Varable Valve Timing), which gave it impressive numbers that were considerably faster than the previous models, and it carried over into the 6 liter models. Then I heard that this feature was availiable already in the '98 models aswell. Can you verify this? And is that your white Diablo SV in that picture?

10. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

yes, in 1998 variabli valve timing was introduced. the only real difference between the 98-99 sv is the interior. that is my car, my 3rd lambo. where you get shady evidence from i dont know. like i said check on the lambo registry. i figured i could clear up some of the misguided info and interpretations on this list. i love all cars, and am probobly the only known soul street racing a nitrous'ed diablo.

11. #11 allan, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

i keep trying to post some more pics of the car, but for some reason it doesnt work. go to http://home.talkcity.com/sparkplugst/afiedler
    there is a picture of the nitrous there. anyway, you guys keep refering to the SV as old. the sv is regarded by all those who know, as the ultimate diablo, other than 0-60 it is substantially faster than a 6.0. the gt is not available in this country so it doesnt count. the sv loses 20 hp to the 6.0 but is far lighter. just changing the exhaust though, puts it in whole new realm, and it becomes more powerful than the gt, and it loses almost 100pds.

12. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

hey allan

u know ur on the GT page right?

but you have the SV, its a nice ride no doubt, white w the chrome wheels, very nice indeed

i have a relative in germany, and he has new diablo coming in and out all the time, ive seen his garage its quite impressive..
    but some of his diablos have the "SV" painted along the doors, like yours does
    i really dont think thats necessary
    it like, kinda like rappers who flaunt their audy jewellery like chains and watches out n everything..
    do you like it like that?
    but then again, a diabos a diablo

respect to you, but id like to know what you do for a living?
    how you can afford your diablos
    and do you have any other cars that arent lamborghini?
    and WHY would you put a NOS syst on a diablo?
    as if anything else on the street would even have a chance w a v12 stock diablo!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

Thanks for the info. Well, "shady" as in you can call yourself Allan in here and nobody will know if that's your real name. I believe you, so I'm not doubting you. Any ways, you said the Diablo SV is faster than the Diablo 6.0. Really? That seems pretty amazing, considering that the 6.0 does a 1/4 mile in 11.8 seconds. How fast would you say a stock '98 or '99 SV be on the 1/4 mile, or 1 km standing?

I kinda like the black SV logo on a white Diablo. Some other color combinations don't look that great, though.

14. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

the sv stickers come from the factory, and thats the reason why most people dont remove them. i actually think they look really cool. unfortunately, lambo is really lax in the weight department. the weights they quote are substantially off. a 6.0 weighs several hundred pounds more than an sv, and in their figures i believe the difference is less than 100 pds. ive never raced my car in the quarter, but my friend has a 98 sv, but a monterey edition. basicly the same car. he's run his and believe his best was a 11.90 but at almost 122 mph, which is about 2 mph faster than a 6.0. the sv cant match the 6.0's launch, but once they get going the sv is faster, especially at high speeds, over 100, when the sv's ram air really starts to work.

15. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

Awesome. The '98 or '99 Diablo SV might just be my favorite car of all time. Maybe not quite as fast as a GT, but faster than a Ferrari F50; unbelievable. The Diablo GT and 6.0 look cool, but the '98 (and even the '99 models) look more 'clasic' Lamborghini.

16. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from allan</i>
    <b>i figured most of you were kids in here, and i expected this kind of response. 1. if you go to the lamborghiniregistry.com , click on cars, click on diablo, then sv, you will see my car is registered to me. same as if you click on countach 5000s qv, my car is there also. this is a sight were owners register their cars. judging by the responses ive gotten here so far, this may not be worth the effort.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hi Allan! That´s true that here are many kids! Well, I´m only 21 but work hard, so....! Read my comment to the 1998 Diablo Affolter SV GTR in this forum - you will see: the kids here are only envy! I know some supercar-owner and think about buying a Diablo 6.0 VT or Murciélago by myself. Or a F 550 Evo or Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG. I´ll see... And if I buy one it will be registered too :)
    P.S.: The owner of the green Diablo SV GTR bought that car with 21...and it´s also registered.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BeRtY44</i>
    <b>how you can afford your diablos
    and do you have any other cars that arent lamborghini?
    and WHY would you put a NOS syst on a diablo?
    as if anything else on the street would even have a chance w a v12 stock diablo!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->so allan, lets hear it!!<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

i own a acura nsx. i am a finance director. you are right about nothing really being able to keep up with a stock v12, but there are worked up vipers and porsches that can. this way i ensure that no matter what, i am #1. speed is addicting, no matter how much you have, you get used to it, and always want more.

19. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

You can make a Supra faster than a Diablo if you wanted to. But that doesn't really matter. If you modified a Viper enough you could make it keep up with a '99 Diablo SV.

Hey Allan I have another question if you don't mind, seeing as you've owned a number of Lamborghini's: What would the 1/4 mile time of your previous '92 Diablo be (I'm assuming it's 2WD)? The reason I ask is that R&T and C&D say things like "13.0-13.4 seconds," but that doesn't sound right at all, and I heard that the Original Diablo 2WD did the 1/4 mile in Europe at 12.7 seconds (which sounds more reasonable). Would you say your previous stock Diablo 2WD could do that?

20. Re: comments from real lamborghini owner

allan, what other cars do you have? Do you take any to the track? I think people with these types of cars should take them to the track atleaset 6 times a year.

How did you get enough money to buy a lambo?