Completely pointless

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Duesey, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I have a FLYING tourbillon in my watch, but it's actually just a chinese reproduction of a breguet movement. It's mechanically almost identical, though, and is very accurate for a wristwatch. And 45 times less expensive, though a large part of that is the stainless steel case as solid platinum or gold is a bit out of my price range.

2. #27 z28vette, Aug 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. #28 Reichsfuhrer, Aug 2, 2008
  4. I really need to get some super flashy chinese knock off with a tourbillon in it. I regret getting a fake Rolex, because it doesn't even look that special.

One of my tutors had a Panerai with a tourbillon in it. I haven't asked him about it, but the case doesn't look Panerai quality, but the spinningness of it makes me want one.

5. Mine's very simple, except for the movement, but then again so was the Breguet it was based off, so while if you were to look, you would note a difference in quality, because it's not trying to emulate some really complex design it pulls it off pretty well. And it's not BOTTOM barrel case/face/etc. The watch glass is aluminum oxide and whatnot as pretty much any watch over a hundy should be.

6. It's pretty amazing what the Chinese can do as far as imitations when they put their mind to it. My Folex is made pretty well, and the case is tidily made. Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference. But when you get up close is simply just not as crisp as a quality watch should be. It's noticable compared to my Oris.

But ten again, I've had it 4 years now and it hasn't missed a beat. I haven't opened it yet to czech out the movement, but I want to. It's just got a pain in the arse back.

7. #32 adhweorniatweege3532323, Aug 2, 2008
    From an artistic sense, I think that's actually really cool. I don't know why anyone would buy one, though. I mean, what the hell?

8. how much are they? some of them look cool.

9. I've seen the watch you mentioned. Don't sound so apologetic. It's a complication to be proud of, no bearing on whose hands put it together. Chinese and Swiss movements are both computer designed and hand made. The difference is price and package like you said.

10. well #$%# you then

some of those watches are pretty cool actually

11. awesome watches!

14. those are #$%#ing sweet, regardless if they tell time or not.