Computer Help Needed!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SirShiftAlot, Oct 23, 2004.

1. 1. When I start up Windows XP, when the desktop loads up, it takes an exta minuite for anyting to work, I can't got to start menue or realy do anything.

2. My computer will not Restart. When I go to Start - Turn off computer - Restart, the computer does not restart itself. The shutdown works fin though.

3. How do I get rid of this stupid Security center thing that is always there and alway pops up saying my comp is at risk. I got it when I installed Service Pack 2.

If you could help that would be cool, or if you know a good website that I can check out.

2. But seriously, you probably need some formatting action. Either that or spyware/adware remover/antivirus/new PC.

Cause Stone Cold said so.

3. open a can of whoop-ass

4. After I upgraded to SP2 my computer will do the exact same thing every time it crashes/I turn it off with the power button.

To fix it start it in safe mode by holding F8 at start up.
    Then go to Start Menu > Control Panel > System
    Select the System Restore tab and check the box to turn "System Restore" off.
    Shut down your computer.
    On restart it should work so go back to the System Restore tab and turn it back on.

Note this is my own fix that I came up with and I don't take any responsibility if you hose your computer up.