coo coo

Discussion in '1964 Cheetah GT V8' started by I am fuct, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

Thats exactly what i was thinking.....is it possible that it was totally geared for top speed or something?

I read somewhere that these came tuned up to a potential 500+ hp now that would be one hell of a fast car

2. Re: No Subject

dude your signature has ANGER MANAGEMET written all over it

3. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

LOL, banned for stupidity! Nice one.

4. Re: Possibly the ugliest car ever!

2005 mustang concept

5. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

Apparently not all the Cheetahs were built exactly the same. A large chunk of the approximate 27 that were built had the Chrystler 327ci bored to 332ci giving it roughtly 470HP. And a couple or so full-blown race versions that were stroked to 377ci giving over 520HP!! Just imagine what 520HP would be like with a 1650lb car!

As for the "slow" comment, HARDLY. I remember the average Cheetah having a 0-60mph speed of around 3.4s, even less for the race versions; these have been clocked at Daytona doing 220mph. This is the only car, in my opinion, that could have beaten the Shelby Cobra durring its time, performance wise. Unfortunately, there was never enough funding it keep it alive, the cars quirks were never ironed out, so it just slid seceretly into history. Would've been neat to this and the Cobra battle it out for a few years.

6. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

Slow??? the Cheetah is slow? this bad boy would have easily outran the Cobra & the Sting Rays back then and you call that slow? the HP to Weight ratio is outstanding on this car, and would have been a hell of a racecar back then and more of a legend today..I suggest you get more knowledge of the car you are posting (read: whining) about before you make uninformed posts...the Cheetah is kickass!!

7. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

IT IS 1964. Geeze back then this thing was lightning.

8. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

hell yes.

9. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

Here's a rundown of its possible 1/4 mile time

520 muscle car era hp = close to 430 net hp
    Its now pushing around 400 hp at the rear wheels
    Add a 200lb driver to the 1650 lb car = 1850 lbs

400 hp and 1850 lbs = high 9's at around 140 mph with needed traction and if these power figures are accurate in real life.

However i'd expect low 10's above 130 mph.
    Geared for top speed and that body shape with 400 rwp could hit 190+mph

10. Re: Possibly the ugliest car ever!

No kidding loser. Get the hell off the site.

11. Re: coo coo

omg ... u sed 'coo coo' .. i think i know u
    seriously .. i think i know who u are
    asl??
    and about the car ... i like it .. u dumb fukz that think its ugly ..well ... .sumfing .. ..

12. Re: Possibly the ugliest car ever!

This is an awesome car (except the headlights) we don't wanna hear your shit about it. Your'e just gay like that.

13. Re: Possibly the ugliest car ever!

Sod off, i can't figure out what bit i love more, the looks or the power to wieght ratio. If your not shorting the keyboard with drool over this car your f****d in the head.

14. Re: Possibly the ugliest car ever!

well, it does resemble a vette, so i cant say its ugly...but needs more of a back end, ghetto booty!

15. Re:

They need to keep up the "Banning Of The Dumbasses" I think. It's people like you who give "dumbasses" the real meaning of the word. Hahaha

16. Re: Possibly the ugliest car ever!

yes it is. Look at it! It's pracitcaly mid-engined! Who would buy a car like like this?

17. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

it weighs a lot and plus it isnt slow its preety fast and remember it was made in 1964 lol

18. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

It is actually quite fast, considering it was made in 1964. This "Ferrariman" guy that made this thread should get a life!

19. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

make sure you take into account the tire technology they had back then, pretty crappy

20. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

It's preatty fast for it's time... You might not think it now, but it was...

21. Re: No Subject

ur signature explains y ur banned n00b

22. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

tires
    compute no weight over 7 inch wide tires from the 60s
    give it a Mickey Thompson and see when 0-60 looks like

23. Re:

i think the icon fits the idiot personalily hes a freaking 1 year old.and with power on this car it is sure is fast.like the mclaren f1 its power is i think.

24. Re: Cheetah??? More like snail

It's 1964.

25. how do you park a car like that!!

how do you park a car like that!!