Copy Cat Car

Discussion in '1962 Porsche 356B/2000GS Carrera GT' started by CarreraGtRacer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. The back is exactly like the back of the Beetle no?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Copy Cat Car

think so, 'cause the old porsches are built on the platform of the VW Bug, with it's engine too. porsches first self-constructed engine was developed in 1953, for the 550A spyder.

3. Re: Copy Cat Car

well, seeing as Volkswagen and Porsche are literally one in the same (well, back in the old days), Dr. ferdinand Porsche (pronounced POR-SH-EEY-UH, respectively), originally made the beetle as a "peoples car", for the german people during nazi times. Dr. Porsche apparently never did completely agree with the racist beliefs, but he went along with it. after all, if germany was to rule the world, there's gotta be a kind of massed produced car EVERYONE can drive!
    anyways, when the regime fell, he let them start to sell them over in north america, where they were subsequently ignored for a few years, then their simplicity (and good advertising) caught on. then, during the early 40's, Dr. P. wanted to get into racing. thus, the 356 was born, and a legend with it. He named said racing marquee after himself, and started cranking faster cars.
    there you have it, a little history.

Bye!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Copy Cat Car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>The back is exactly like the back of the Beetle no?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Wow I can see you know NOTHING about Porsche<!-- Signature -->