Corvette C5R Hood

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by 962RACER, Nov 7, 2004.

1. hey guys, i need to know where i can find a replica C5 R hood for my buddys corvette. we are looking for a fibreglass one, not one with the carbon fibre insert and not the one with the cowl over the engine. if anyone has links or knows where i can find one, please let me know. thanks in advance for the help.

2. I very highly doubt that you can get them.

3. obviously you didnt read my post properly/at all or you would have noticed the word "replica" in there. there are plenty of companies making replicas, i can link you to a few of them. however, what i am looking for is a fibreglass one without the carbon fibre insert and the model that doesnt have the huge cowl over the powerplant. the other day we saw a vette cruise downtown vancouver and it had one of them, looked great and when we tried to get to him to ask him where he got it from he was already gone. the C5 R replica hoods range from around 800 bucks and up usually.

4. Well I'm mistaken then. Sorry I don't know of any.

5. #5 LT5 350, Nov 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    www.corvetteamerica.com has one for $695, PN 43796
    "Give your Corvette an eye-catching portion of the total C5R look by installing a hot new C5R Race Car Style Hood. Ready to sand, prime, and paint. Shipped by truck. "
    Eckler's did carry the same hood but when I checked it the website said "this product is not available".
    There's a whole bunch of aftermarket Corvette parts suppliers, so you might want to search around a little more, though I was having trouble finding C5R style hoods in most of the tried and true companies.