Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Discussion in '1999 Callaway C12 Corvette' started by CarreraGtRacer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Which one? Tough but I would go with the Corvette Callaway C12.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Ill have to go with the Saleen, personal perfereance.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

The c12 would rip its doors off!

4. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

The S7 would beat this POS by 600yds<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

I think the C12, but it would be close...
    I would like to see them race.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

They would both lose badly to the Blitz Skyline or Veilside Supra, but out of the two the saleen would win, if that means anything,which it doesn't

7. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

oh please. they have actually raced in the ALMS ad the Saleen kicked its ass every time.

8. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

saleen would get smoked<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

lets take a simple look at the facts, the saleen does 0-60 in under 4seconds, while the c12 does it in 4.6... what sort of moron would take the Corvette!!!!???

10. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

The Saleen would kill the Corvette. It was designed just for racing. The C-12 is just another car that has been given some modifications to keep up with the rest in races.

11. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Sorry Saleen would be handing you your doors.

12. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

i agree

13. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

You're not that smart, right?

14. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Yes, the Saleen may beat the 'Vette in a race, but the 'Vette wasn't made to be a supercar, nut a race car/everyday driver, and is a much more driveable car.

15. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

hmmmm a saleen race car Vs. a modified corvette - u really need to think about it don't u? the saleen would murder this - around a track, down a drag strip and in look. u corvette loving fools need to put it into perspective, and the sledgehammer is a piece of shit.

16. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Exactly what I'm saying. The S7 would beat this car, since they have the same top speed, but the S7's accelearation is faster. It would be a good matchup, though.

17. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

I agree with the guy that said it would be a good race!!! He has a point!

Smoke you foo!!!!

You got knocked the #$%# out!!!

Zoom, Zoom, Zoom!!!

18. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

It would be a hell of a race. It's also an infamous battle between Ford and Chevrolet, since Callaway is Chevrolet and Saleen is Ford. Man, it would be a killer race, seeing 2 of my favorite cars dish it out. Obviously, the S7 would win, since it has a faster acceleration time, but you never know who will come out on top.

19. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Did anyone notice the prices? 176k as opposed to 395k, that's quite the price difference, wouldn't you say?

Also, Saleen is NOT Ford. The S7 has little to nothing to do with Ford.

20. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Holy shit... if someone wants to like either car over the other one, let them! That's the entire point of threads like this. Don't bash people because they don't like the same car as you.

21. Re:

The S7'll win, of course. I bet the S7 has better handling since it's more of a hardcore racer.

22. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

i disagree, the corvette is more ofa daily driver, but i dont think that the c12 callaway is anymore comforatable than the saleen, i would choose the saleen... its faster, i would rather have a z06 that this slow beast

23. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Despite that, the Saleen is most probably a better car for its purposes.
    Saleen S7 for me. Waaaay faster, and better looking.

24. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

C12 eh? dont humiliate yourself in front of all these people. power to weight ratio is something to consider.

25. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

I am gonna have to go with the S7...just becuase i dont really like corvettes