Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

Discussion in '1999 Callaway C12 Corvette' started by CarreraGtRacer, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

the s7 would crush this car, look at the accelaration on the saleen, its a beast!

2. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

i totally agree with supra man the s7 is way better looking and has a much better acceleration time not to mention its SALEEN. I guess it can go either way though. It depends what u prefer

3. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

First of all, the c12's top speed is 200 mph, the s7's is 223 mph. This things acceleration to 60 is 4.6 seconds, the saleens is 3.3 (2.9 on the 04 model) The saleen would obviously destroy the c12, its just the facts. In my opinion also, the s7 is better looking too. Dont quote me on that tho, its my opinion.

4. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

First of all, the c12's top speed is 200 mph, the s7's is 223 mph. This things acceleration to 60 is 4.6 seconds, the saleens is 3.3 (2.9 on the 04 model) The saleen would obviously destroy the c12, its just the facts. In my opinion also, the s7 is better looking too. Dont quote me on that tho, its my opinion.

5. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

All the corvette would see is the saleen's rear end disappearing into the distance.

6. Re: Corvette Callaway C12 vs. Saleen S7

I am a Corvette lover, the first one I fell for was a 1967 427 Big Block my dad's friend owned. It was light blue with sidepipes and 4 gears, this car is much further advanced, and a different kind of Vette. I appreciate this car for what it is, and the older ones of days gone by...

The killer

7. I'm a big GM fan and my best friend's dad owns a GM dealership but i would have to pick the saleen because they are just a lot more thought out design and race worthy. I like the way the saleen has a flat bottom except for the groves molded in it to give it better downforce causing it to stick to the track better, that was just genius putting that bottom on a street legal car.