Corvette Competition Package

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by lucky strike, Jan 28, 2009.

1. #1 lucky strike, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Last week GM announced a special package of racetrack upgrades for the 'Vette and Z06 dubbed the Corvette Competition Sport (CS) package and now, the General has released pricing. The cost of a base Corvette coupe with the package is $55,655, a bump of $3,350 over a 1LT coupe with the Z51 option pack and NPP exhaust. The price of a CS equipped Z06 is $77,500 w/ DFC, a jump of $2,725 over a 1LZ Corvette Z06.

As outlined before, the kit includes the Z51 Performance Package, the NPP performance exhaust system, a differential cooler and a set of racing pedals. Power peaks at 436 hp on the base Coupe and 505 hp on the Z06. Besides the steak, there's a bit of sizzle. Visual mods for both versions include Competition Gray stripes, wheels and headlamps, a special engine cover, and the "Jake" and CSR logos inside and out. A set of racing numbers will also be delivered to the buyer based on the particular car's build sequence.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/28/chevy-prices-corvette-competition-sport-package/

2. brakes?

3. isnt that already in the Z51 Performance Package?

4. probably

5. I read on some blog that the grandsport might be coming back next model year and even the regular coupe would have a wider stance similar to that of the Z06

6. Yup! There is no Z51 package for the Z06... So I'm guessing this amounts to stripes and shit on that... But on the normal coupe/convertible the Z51 package includes upgraded drilled rotors, upgraded quick ratio tranny, and suspension stuff.

7. GT1 Editions are coming as well

8. got to get me one of those

9. Looks like shit. Well done GM.

10. you really dont like vettes do you

11. Who authorizes this shit?

Does GM not have any sort of corporate standards package to give to all their stupid #$%#nig dealerships?

Section 1. Logo Standards and Usage
    Section 2. Typeface Standards
    Section 3. How to not #$%#ing ruin our brand with shit

12. NASCAR fans will be happy.

13. What about brake pads. Do any of these packages come with brake pads that can be used on the track?

14. Those hideous graphics seem like a big price to pay for an exhaust system that only increases the power by 2 hp and "racing pedals", but the differential cooler seems like a good idea.

15. he's right, you know, it does look like shit. Which is a shame, because the base car looks amazing.

16. awful and a stupid idea, IMO.
    and i'm a vette fanboi.

17. That looks AWFUL.

18. #19 sharoosunidhi, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Hi, This is Nancy I liked Cars and i am very interesting to buy latest model cars in the market. Now a days different model cars are available in the market. I love car ride games. I am watching television and i enjoyed allot. I hope once i will participate or i will ride that kind of cars.
    ====================================
    swansi

visit

New]http://www.freecarforum.com]New Cars[/url]

19. Hi, This is Nancy I liked Cars and i am very interesting to buy latest model cars in the market. Now a days different model cars are available in the market. I love car ride games. I am watching television and i enjoyed allot. I hope once i will participate or i will ride that kind of cars.
    swansi

visit

New Cars

20. Hi, This is Nancy I liked Cars and i am very interesting to buy latest model cars in the market. Now a days different model cars are available in the market. I love car ride games. I am watching television and i enjoyed allot. I hope once i will participate or i will ride that kind of cars.
    swansi

visit
    New Cars

21. HHMM, how about take out all of the crap like the radio, AC, and some of the BS that is not absolutely necessary, put some race seats in it, black wheels, lower the price, and call that a competition package?

23. that looks like shit.

24. Hi, This is Nancy I liked Cars and i am very interesting to buy latest model cars in the market. Now a days different model cars are available in the market. I love car ride games. I am watching television and i enjoyed allot. I hope once i will participate or i will ride that kind of cars.
    swansi

visit

New Cars