corvette could prob whoop its ass

Discussion in '2002 Acura DN-X Concept' started by Racer V, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

LOL. "corvette could prob whoop its ass" LOL.
    Corvette could whoop everything else's ass as well, right? LOL.

2. yeh as i said corvette got 5 more hp and well, until they give me the top speed here i'd say this shiyt is crap

3. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

Who cares, this thing has 4 doors and gets good mileage. Who needs the 400 hp? Unlike some of you, I like to stay safe on the highway and save money on gas. Plus I can haul my whole family around in a very high tech looking car.

4. Correction to my previous posting

Sorry, I misread, it's got 400 horsepower... making my deduction all the stronger... this car ought to WAIL on the 355 as well as the NSX... still think some Crap-vette will take it? Thought not...<!-- Signature -->

5. #5 SakabatoSuka, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

Chevy, eh? Gimmie a f_ckin' break! This isn't the most stylish car I've ever seen, but I'll be damned if it has more style than a corvette. First thing I read, straight out of the mouth (off the fingers) of what seems to be a kindergartener "I bet a 'vette could kicks it's ass"... FOR F_CKS SAKE, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE CAR OTHER THAN IT'S A CONCEPT AND HAS ~300 HP. Grow up! Wait for the car to hit production, which it probably won't, but if it does, we'll watch and see... maybe you'll grow up a little between now and then. Next your 'vette will be outrunning Ferrari's next, right? Which, by the way, the NSX Type S-Zero already does. THIS car has about the same horsepower (which I know is all that matters to you), but the "drag" ( resistant force on cars caused by "air".. I know you don't like learning, but bear with me) is lower than that of an NSX, making it slightly faster theoretically. On this, we can determine:
    A: This concept can quite possibly outrun an NSX
    B: The NSX can slightly outrun a Ferrari 355 ( http://nsx.vtec.net/nsx_s_videos.html)
    C: The high-and-mighty 'vette CAN'T outrun a 355
    so obviously, the 'vette was outclassed by Acura in 1990... 12 years later, some po-dunk luzer in TrailerpArkansas is all butt-hurt cuz an American car company can't measure up. So the first thing he knows NOTHING ABOUT obviously CAN'T outrun a 'vette. Hey IDIOT, do some reasearch, possibly some "deduction", next time and you MIGHT not look like such a luzer! At LEAST you aren't throwing your shit down for Ford... I'll give you that much...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

What do you mean run out of juice. This car is not equipped with nos, how can it run out of juice. It is every bit as naturally aspirated as a corvette. Don't get me wrong, the vette is a superb car, but this car will surely give a vette a run down the strips or on a track. Too bad it's a concept though.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

"Sorry, I misread, it's got 400 horsepower... making my deduction all the stronger... this car ought to WAIL on the 355 as well as the NSX... still think some Crap-vette will take it? Thought not... "

'Vettes are not CRAP. I'm not going to say that the 'vette could or couldn't take it, but the 'Vette is a purebred race car, not a hybrid. So, once that Acura runs out of juice, it runs on the 6 cylinder, and is down to 300hp, and 2 wheel drive. So think about what you are saying.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

I'm sorry, but the corvette is the most unoriginal car I have ever seen. Still using the same old crappy pushrod v8. With all that money, and they still can't come up with any thing original. The ferarri guy is right, americans are ignorant when it comes to anything other than speed and handeling, I mean, look at nascar for christ sake. "let's do 500 miles in a circle!!"
    Get a grip, for f*cks sake.

9. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jordyvr</i>
    <b>Oh, by the way,
    this car maybe form ACURA (USA), But it was designed by HONDA in JAPAN! so don't tell me anything about that I was wrong about the japanese thing! Those damn Americans just steal HONDA'S concepts!!!

Just listen to the real expert!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yes, YOU ARE A MORON<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

Yeah the corvette compared to everything is just shit, but the corvette is a good handling vehicle and is better than some import cars. Also this acura is just a concept, it probably won't be produced.

11. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

f15strikeeagle
    U.S. economy is corny. just four unarmed plane can destroy half the economy. SAD..........

vettes fan are all the same....Dreaming about whipping import's a$$
    Is ok.........keep dreaming.......keep dreaming until your dead.
    i guarantee your dream will NEVER come true......<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

Well.. I'll bet money on that this car will beat the corvette in acceleration too.. Actually.. being equipped with 4wd it will murder the vette in acceleration.. just the way it is.
    and with a highly rigid, lightweight state-of-the-art chassis tuned to provide better handling and aerodynamic efficiency(as stated on supercars.net) I'm totally convinced that this car will leave a vette in its wake under any condition.

And it's wrong to say that acura steals things from honda as they are bascially one and the same thing....

13. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from F15StrikeEagle</i>
    <b>What country are you from Ferrari? I can guarantee that the United States has either saved your countries ass or destroyed it in a past war.</blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

how typically american.. call yourselves the best in the world? remember what happened a few months back, all it took was a bunch of angry men to bring america to it knees (cost usa a trillion dollars, did you know that?) and by the way, this board is about cars and not misplaced jingoism. by the way, who said acura steal honda's show cars? HONDA=ACURA. the only reason acura exists is because americans are too narrow minded to buy a honda.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

this car is great because it gets 42 #$%#ing miles per gallon with 400hp, dont see corvettes doing that...

15. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from F15StrikeEagle</i>
    <b>What country are you from Ferrari? I can guarantee that the United States has either saved your countries ass or destroyed it in a past war. In my opinion the Corvette can handle just as well as any of those Japanese cars with weed wacker engines.

Proud owner of a Saleen S-281 Extreme.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Weed wacker engines.....HAHA...I live in New Jersey(USA) man.....

Totally I agree that the corvette holds it own against other cars..

totally I agree....but cars aren't only about acceleration...

16. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

What country are you from Ferrari? I can guarantee that the United States has either saved your countries ass or destroyed it in a past war. In my opinion the Corvette can handle just as well as any of those Japanese cars with weed wacker engines.

Proud owner of a Saleen S-281 Extreme.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

I agree the corvette comment had to go! I hate when I hear Corvette will whip it's ass! But you guys are being ignorant too, the Corvette actually runs very well on the roads as for racing tracks and shit. As for the guy who says you hear it from the expert or whatever, doesn't sound like you know what your talking about. Yeah we Americans like HP and Speed but who doesn't. We also don't roll up and challenge someone at a stop light by saying "Hey you wanna take it to the curvy country side?" F*ck no, you don't say shit you wait till the light turns green and you burn them. I'm sure you guys do that too. I won't make ignorant comments on comparing cars like this but don't make ignorant comments with "all japanese cars handle better than American cars" that's as ignorant as the topic!<!-- Signature -->

18. #18 Ferrari4ever123, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  19. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

Oh will you people just SHUT UP. All i ever hear is corvette this and corvette that who gives a care! This article is about a Acura Concept (A mighty fine one at that to) but not about some stinking corvette.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

Oh, by the way,
    this car maybe form ACURA (USA), But it was designed by HONDA in JAPAN! so don't tell me anything about that I was wrong about the japanese thing! Those damn Americans just steal HONDA'S concepts!!!

Just listen to the real expert!!!

21. Re: corvette could prob whoop its ass

You're totally wrong!
    This car WILL beat a vette!
    ya think that just HP and TOP SPEED matters???
    you MUST be an American!!!
    They only think about HP and TOP SPEED!
    They gotta start thinking about HANDLING...
    I'm sure this japanese car will beat the VETTE because almost every japanese car handles better than an average American car!!

Just listen to the real expert here!!!