Corvette wins GT1 Class at Sebring 2006

Discussion in '2005 Chevrolet Corvette C6R' started by F U C K, Mar 23, 2006.

1. The factory Corvette effort dominated the 12 Hours of Sebring on March 18th against the works Aston Martin DBR9's and the veteran Konrad Saleen S7R's. The better of the Corvette C6-R's beat the Aston Martin to the line by one lap (Achieving 3rd place overall, 1st in Class). Third place in the GT1 Class was secured by the other Aston Martin, but just barely. In the last 10 laps the other Corvette C6-R driven by "Mad Max" Papis was less than 1 second behind the third place Aston Martin. Despite a serious charge, Thomas Enge held off Max Papis for the podium spot. It was an awesome finish!

GT1 Placings:

1. Chevrolet Corvette C6-R
    2. Aston Martin DBR9
    3. Aston Martin DBR9
    4. Chevrolet Corvette C6-R
    5. Saleen S7R
    6. Saleen S7R

2. its greaat to see the DBR9 doing so well.

3. I'll be checking these bad boys out in September when I go back to Mosport. Last year's race was intense, and I expect nothing less this year!

4. I'll be checking these bad boys out in September when I go back to Mosport. Last year's race was intense, and I expect nothing less this year!

5. I was at Sebring and it proved to be a great race. I'm so glad the Astons are over here and are trying to do more ALMS races since there's really no other competition for the P&M boys.

6. they're gonna make a street version

7. they're gonna make a street version in 2008

8. No they're not.

Oh wait, there already is. It's called the Z06.

9. yes they are it is called blue devil\or Z07

10. yes they are it is called blue devil\or Z07

11. No they're not. They are making a super-Corvette, but it's not a road-going C6.R....