Could GM be considering selling Holden?

Discussion in 'Other Countries' started by naranhito, Mar 27, 2006.

1. That was a GM decision not a Holden one.

Holden as a whole is doing great and are heading the right way...this is a Ford man saying this!

2. exactly, he doesent like the fact that GM forces Holden to sell Daewoos, and that a selling of Holden would mean no more re-badged Daewoos in Aus.

3. or you could just not buy them?

4. It does make sense. They can sell a succesful company for a greater profit to get themselves out of trouble.

But in the long term no, it doesn't make sense.

I think the Australian government should buy Holden. Then it would be our brand again.

5. True but having that crap in the lineup de-values the brand name

6. That was my whole point, you anus.
    If some other manufacturer giant bough Holden, then Holden would take a different direction, no?

7. BMW SHOULD buy them. They are nice when it comes to buying other car companies. Let them take their own direction and leave most the business to others, while sharing technology. I'm sure there would be a difference, but IMO it would be more positive than anything else I can think of right now. A Chinese company probably would be interested in buying them, but if they did, I would never look upon Holdens with respect again.

8. #$%#, man, just sell Pontiac, GMC, Buick, or Saturn. Those are #$%#ing pointless brands.