Crap car....

Discussion in '1994 Jaguar XJ220 S TWR' started by TwoPynts, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Crap car....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>This car is a peice of crap,yes its fast but the brakes are crap. so thats very bad thing + the turbo lag is stupidly long.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Where's the Turbo lag in a 0-60 3.3 second time? This is an aswome car and looks the part.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Crap car....

Did you drive one of this crap before? Fu@khead?

3. Re: Crap car....

Ummm.....obviously everybody who is syaing that this car sucks and how its slow and so on...well you guys have to get your head out of your ass. Because first off base the two on their price alone. Hmmm....McLaren's are a million dollar car while the Jaguar is about ehh...at the most $400,000. So which one is the better car for the money? So what you McLaren guys are saying is that you would rather go out and spend an extra $600,000 for a car that goes a few mph faster *and where would you go that fast anyways?* and oh, the turbo lag is bad, well I'm sorry but 0-60 in 3.3 sec. is pretty damn fast to me, and the brakes suck, well go out and buy a pair of Brembo's for a few grand and there you go. So overall you saved yourself $593,000 for you McLaren. With the $593,000 left over you can go out and buy yourself a new Lamborghini, Porsche, Ferrari, NSX, Viper GTS, etc. but lemme guess their all POS's because their not as fast or as quick as the Mclaren? Well go and check out what are the fasts top speed cars and fastest 0-60 cars on this website. Your McLaren is not the best car out there as you can tell. But yes the McLaren is a fast car. But does a few mph. mean everything?

4. Re: Crap car....

This crap carries twin turbo but I think the BMW engine is better than this turbo-lag cat.

5. Re: Crap car....

Oh and mclarenman or whatever your sn is your mclaren is a v-12 while the XJ220 is only a twin turbo v-6. Have a nice day

6. Re: Crap car....my assv6 that takes out most v12?

I support Jag all the way this is a great car and fast enough to take out most V12's out there with half the engine cmon maybe there is a out there??!!

7. Re: Crap car....

Speaking of the "turbo lag," that's one helluva well-timed one- as in 0-60 in 3.3 (very competitve with the F1, I might add). Also, this car is built for track use, not bragging rights. The F1 is a pure limited-edition muscle car. It's all about speed. Even though this site won't come right out and say it, this car pulls 3 and a half G's, and if the only stats you know are 0-60, BHP, and top speed, that's a crazy skidpad run. The top skidpads are about 0.85 G, which are for Ferraris and the like, with the Porsche GT2 being the best production car at a little over one G (Road & Track got it at 1.02). The average Formula 1 race car makes right around 3 to 3.5 G's, and they can take a 90-degree turn at over 70 miles per hour without losing any traction and while staying on pavement. The McLaren (actually made by Ameritech with a BMW motor and McLaren badging) pulls less than 0.80 G's, or about as much as a POS 1985 Mitsubishi Starion that can be bought at some body shop for about $5,000. If this Jaguar were mine, I'd take out the turbos in favor of twin Magna superchargers for an instant boost and probably 800 HP, not to mention a 0-60 time of less than 2 seconds.

8. Re: Crap car....

Between the McLaren F1 and Jaguar XJ220 I'd choose the McLaren F1..but the XJ220 is a very good car, it's only a Twin Turbo 6 and still pumps 680bhp and tops 228mph...that's what I call a good car. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Crap car....

Yo Mclarenman don't say the McLaren F1 is so much better than the Jag XJ220 when the stats are the almost the same and the Jag has half the McLaren engine.

Jag XJ220 TWR McLaren F1
    Horsepower-680.0 bhp @ 7200 rpm Power-627.1 bhp @ 7400 rpm
    Topspeed-228.7 mph Topspeed-240.0 mph
    0 - 60 mph 3.3 seconds 0 - 60 mph-3.2 seconds
    ENGINE-Twin Turbo V6 ENGINE-V12

Plus the Mclaren looks gay! Jags RULE!

10. Re: Crap car....

Made by ameritech?,with a BMW engine,and McLaren badges!?.What an f***ing moron.People who made uninformed comments like that should have to take an IQ test to prove that they are worthy to post in groups like this!.The car was imported and D.O.T.(department of transportation,dip shit),certifed by ameritech,and listed as manufacteurer ON PAPER ONLY.What, do you think that makes it less of a McLaren?,there was no engine mods(things that get changed,duh!),needed or done,only safety requirerments,such as headlights,seats and bumpers,which can all,or were all taken off afterwards.

11. Re: Crap car....

Quote from Evorocks37: "mclaren is right its just jaguars way of competeing with the mclaren. i don't like it although it is fast. Whos ever going to go that fast on a city street....."

i would if i had the car and if i had my drivers lisence.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Crap car....

I like the looks of this baby.. just can't find a 1/18 model car of it... about the turbo lag and the 3.3 secs. You can of course brake and still press the throttle a little building pressure. then release it by letting the brake go and press the pedal to the metal.... WOOOOOSHHHH!<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Crap car....

Who ever said that this car sucks need to de kick in their balls!turbo lag?!where dose the turbo lag come when 0-60 is accomplished in 3.3 sec. and if you think the brakes are bad(which I doubt)slap some brembos on the bad boy and watch her move!!this car will out handle and out accelerate the McLaren any day with only 6 cylinders,plus it looks way better.

14. This car is a peice of crap,yes its fast but the brakes are crap. so thats very bad thing + the turbo lag is stupidly long.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Crap car....

Yeh it would be great if there was no turbo lag and better brakes it needs 10-pot calipers!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Crap car....

Your a fuking moron. Mclarrens suck. They look like shit. Besides they were made after the Jaguar XJ220 so how the fuk can Jaguar be ripping them off. THIS CAR IS GOD!!

17. Re: Crap car....

This car SUX, just like a c-u-n-t-head. Please let me ridicule you, imbecile. this fu@kface XJ220 is a piece of crap since day 1, and continue to be one of the su@kers since Elton John owns one. It's a car for G@Y! Don't tell me this dogsh!t can even match the McLaren F1, this crap was a huge shame for jag history... You're out of your fu@king mind, @sshole!
    What have you got with this fu@king dumbsh!t? Retirement and engine failures?
    I only know the McLaren F1 GTR won the 95 LeMans & BPR, in fact dominated the game.
    Would you want this crap if you know Elton John got one?
    THIS JAG XJ220 SUX!

18. Re: Crap car....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MclarrenSuck</i>
    <b>Your a fuking moron. Mclarrens suck. They look like shit. Besides they were made after the Jaguar XJ220 so how the fuk can Jaguar be ripping them off. THIS CAR IS GOD!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

YouSuck, shut up!<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: Crap car....

ya know its funny how people allways compaire cars by speed, and never think about the prices, the JAG costs 1/3 of the McLaren and they pull about the same speed +/- a few mph and they weigh about the same, and there both terific cars but i gess what people need to understand is quality, McLaren is a much much higher quality, not to dis on JAG, cause i like jags better than the McLaren but theres one little thing called money and none of us got 1Mill to toss around i wish i did, but McLarens are a fantasy car. well all togeather the JAG is a better wine for your money,and the point is, well i dont know what the point is, but i got you attention didnt i.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: Crap car....

"This car is a peice of crap"

Please, look at the stat's. The Jaguar V6 charged up to 680 horsepower is a statement all its own in that engineering was vital to its design. Not to mention this puppy's looks are even more focused than the stock XJ220. Crap? I beg to differ. Look at it, really. Imagine yourself seated behind the wheel of one with plenty of gas and room and no one around to see you having fun with it, and let loose on the throttle. The word crap will evade your mind faster than this car will slam you into your seat.

21. Re: Crap car....

To the fellow who said an XJ220 is $400,000, thats just wrong. Try in the 6 to 8 hundred thousand dollar range. Once again, why do people so often retreat to the McLarens price when comparing it to other cars? Because its the only thing other cars have on it.

22. Re: Crap car....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 900Flatspin</i>
    <b>Speaking of the "turbo lag," that's one helluva well-timed one- as in 0-60 in 3.3 (very competitve with the F1, I might add). Also, this car is built for track use, not bragging rights. The F1 is a pure limited-edition muscle car. It's all about speed. Even though this site won't come right out and say it, this car pulls 3 and a half G's, and if the only stats you know are 0-60, BHP, and top speed, that's a crazy skidpad run. The top skidpads are about 0.85 G, which are for Ferraris and the like, with the Porsche GT2 being the best production car at a little over one G (Road & Track got it at 1.02). The average Formula 1 race car makes right around 3 to 3.5 G's, and they can take a 90-degree turn at over 70 miles per hour without losing any traction and while staying on pavement. The McLaren (actually made by Ameritech with a BMW motor and McLaren badging) pulls less than 0.80 G's, or about as much as a POS 1985 Mitsubishi Starion that can be bought at some body shop for about $5,000. If this Jaguar were mine, I'd take out the turbos in favor of twin Magna superchargers for an instant boost and probably 800 HP, not to mention a 0-60 time of less than 2 seconds. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

haha omg i've never read a more uneducated reply... well maybe a efw but anyway

you oughta do a little more research when you post something as bold as that. Ameritech is an importing company, the McLaren is produced by, guess who, McLaren in Britain. BMW only built the engine for them.

2nd, there is NO WAY the xj220 pulls 3.5g's on a skidpad, i'd be surprised if it could pull over 1.0. Skidpad numbers aren't handling performance indexes, and are actually pretty meaningless. a 3400lb. supra got a .98g on the skidpad, while a 2200lb. mclaren got a .89g. I really hope your not stupid enough to bet the Supra handles better than a McLaren.

Finally, two superchargers couldn't push 800hp from that engine, they can't push as high pressure, only turbos can

and finally, a 90 degree turn at 70mph... any car can do that over a big enough turn

23. Re: Crap car....

this is a race tuned xj220 so dont compare it with the Mclaren f1. compare it with the McLaren f1 LM and see how this xj220 gets killed!!!!!!!!!

McLarens rule, but this car is dope too!

24. Re: Crap car....

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="900%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>This car is a #$%#ing cool,yes its fast but it is stylish as well the brakes are cool. so thats a very good thing + the turbo is nice.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="900%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->YA man i agree your cool!!!!NOT<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Crap car....

i'd say it's an ugly mother#$%#er :-/

yeah speeds ok whatever

pick some old airfield, put this next to an F1 LM
    even if it didn't have the stupid turbo-lag it would start crying out of frustration ..

mark my words: F50 GT

<!-- Signature -->