crazy engine

Discussion in '2005 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo' started by RalphCM, Feb 19, 2006.

1. turbo charging isn't bad

2. of course not, unless, you know, you actually want the engine to live long...

ok small amounts are fine, i even go as far as to think that a nonaspirated engine is kind of a waste [except for a select few] but too much boost is terrible for the engine.

3. Bingo

4. 11 psi is 1035 hp (at the engine)

5. The engine itself would handle that amount of power better than the actual car.

6. That car makes me scared. I can't imagine myself in a 750 hp, 1035 hp... but I still like it.

7. lol i posted those figures before that number was out.

i was pretty close wasnt I? [i was actually being safe and rounding up]

8. Hi there I'm new at posting here. This supercar's is definitely king of the hill as far as looks/performance goes. You'd only get to use this kind of power on the track though, even then... at what speed do you stop loosing traction? I bet you can pretty much punch it anywhere below 150mph and you'll still burn your tires off. The fact that supercar manufacturers are competing for bragging rights on who has the most power/top speed is getting a little out of hand don't you think? I mean where do you stop? In 2006 we're at 1,000hp, 5 years from now? - maybe 2,000hp? I mean we're already getting close to 0mpg city and 1mpg highway. Too much power is like trying to race in snow covered streets. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not bashing this car, I'd take one in a heatbeat.

9. Hi there I'm new at posting here. This supercar's is definitely king of the hill as far as looks/performance goes. You'd only get to use this kind of power on the track though, even then... at what speed do you stop losing traction? I bet you can pretty much punch it anywhere below 150mph and you'll still burn your tires off. The fact that supercar manufacturers are competing for bragging rights on who has the most power/top speed is getting a little out of hand don't you think? I mean where do you stop? In 2006 we're at 1,000hp. 5 years from now? - maybe 2,000hp? I mean we're already getting close to 0mpg city and 1mpg highway. Too much power is like trying to race in snow covered streets. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not bashing this car, I'd take one in a heatbeat.