damn look at that redline!!

Discussion in '1966 Aston Martin Short Chassis Volante' started by Flyferrari550, Aug 13, 2002.

1. wow the top speed on this is probably insane with a redlin like that at 18,000!

2. Re: damn look at that redline!!

It'll never reach top speed on a F1 track.. it needs a flat out 15 mile road then it'll probably be at top speed... (300>400 mph maybe?)

3. Re: damn look at that redline!!

i dunno about 300mph but it's gonna b alot

4. Re: damn look at that redline!!

400mph what?

5. Re: damn look at that redline!!

In an interview with '60 minutes' Michael Schumacher said that the car could reach 500km/h (310 mph) if it were set up purely for speed (not handling)

6. Re: damn look at that redline!!

ive never even heard of a redline that big 18500 god damn, i bet if it hit a huge straight away no turn, it could reach about 300 mph

7. Re: damn look at that redline!!

actually ReeK it schumi said it could go EASILY WAY BEYOND 500! :D

8. Re: damn look at that redline!!

Yeah, but I'm alway conservative!

9. Re: damn look at that redline!!

lol ok :p

10. Re: damn look at that redline!!

Of course it will have a high redline!!!!!
    its and F1 car and they all run that high of rpm's

they do not have to meet stree standards, like soound and safety. it will probably run 415 plus MPH

11. Re: damn look at that redline!!

415MPH? Settle down.

12. Re: damn look at that redline!!

With high redlines like that, I can't even imagine the stress an F1 engine goes through during a race.

13. Re: damn look at that redline!!

No matter what the power, it would instantly become an airplane before it could ever reach at least 250. I've once seen a race where one of the cars lost the rear spoiler and took off about 20 feet in the air. The car's too light to be fixed for pure speed. One great number is the 0-60 time.

Also, I would love to see a road-going ferrari with this v10. Obviously, the power would be cut down a little. But keep it up in the five digit redline, and it would kill just about everything on the road.

14. Re: damn look at that redline!!

HAHA, 400 MPH? That is the most stupid thing i've heard today.

15. Re: damn look at that redline!!

this is getting rediculous now. see all those aero additions and the front and back wing? that keeps the car from leaving the road surface. the cannot all be removed and the car driven safely. that limits you to the gearing.adjusting that wont get you to 400mph.

16. Re: damn look at that redline!!

Exactly...Also...The car would not become a "plane." The front and rear spoilers produce enough downforce to drive the car on a theoretical upside down track... 2 tons of downforce is more than enough to keep it on the ground, and not a plane.

17. Me too...me too.