damn...

Discussion in '1998 Shelby Series 1' started by 24 heures Dumans, Nov 4, 2002.

1. just because one Magazine tests this car, and decides they didn't like it, does not mean it isn't an incredible car.

4.4 0-60?

Absolutely no where near this car's (super charged) potential. I mean think about it. The Viper has been known to pull about 4 s flat, with the occasional 3.9 s. Now this has a better power to weight ratio, and I believe it is capable of a 3.9 or 4 flat quite easily under good conditions.

As for the originals being faster, yeah they are. For 90 000 you'd be hard pressed to find something faster. They also use cheaper materials on the cobras (fiberglass) as opposed to the series 1's carbon fibre body.

Is the series 1 overpriced? Maybe just a little. But just because it costs more than the 427 and is slower, doesn't make it terrible. That would make for a LONG list of terrible cars, now wouldn't it?

2. Re: damn...

i like this car, its smart the way the grille's come straight off the cobra

3. Re: damn...

Best convertible ever!

4. Re: damn...

i love this car sooo much.. its definetly on my top ten list.

5. Re: damn...

It's great this car has a few supporters. I've still yet to find out why there's next to no people in this forum, or that of the cobra. This is an excellent car, between its carbon fibre body panels, to the 525hp from the supercharged Aurora (according to R&T). Just an impressive car in all aspects.

6. Re: damn...

Power!

7. Re: damn...

You are right.
    This car is anyway an incredible car. But the 427 coupe is the best car that exists!!!!!!!!!!111

8. Re: damn...

looks like a TVR

9. Re: damn...

umm... no it looks more like a modern cobra

10. Re: damn...

Is it just me, or does this kind of resemble a Jaguar XJ220?

11. Re: damn...

Oh, and, by "this" I meant the Shelby, not the picture I posted...

12. Re: damn...

all I have to say is..Modern Day Cobra.

Jag XJ200 lookalike? uhhh...nope, don't see the resemblance...

way to go Carroll Shelby!!!!!!!!!

13. Re: damn...

Nice car... And who cares if its overpriced? If I have 100K to blow on a car, I can obviously afford something that costs a little more or a little less... Lets no nitpick with one of the last American hotrods here...

14. Re: damn...

ive been in my friend's cousins series 1 and it screams. i went 175 on a drag track.

15. Re: damn...

are they still made? i went to Shelby's site and it doesn't even mention them.

16. has anybody else noticed this looks like a roadster Shelby daytona coupe?