Dang, what do yall think the fastest car is?????????

Discussion in '2000 Koenigsegg CC' started by dajaba, Aug 9, 2002.

1. WAAAZZZZZZ UPPPPPP!!!! I just cant figure out what the fastest car in the world is.
    Its just very confusing though. Now dont be lying about this. All I know the fastest land speed in the world is held by the Thrust SCC or the Spririt of America. But is this true? All the people say that the fastest car is the Mclauren F1. It can only do 240 mph DANG! But i like every sports car, but my favorite is the viper! Here's my 5 favorite cars: 1. Dodge Viper 800TT, 2. Lamborghini, 3. Chevy Corvette, 4. Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, and Bulitt, and 5. Ford GT90. AWWWWW, what the heck I like all the sports cars. I cant name them all!!! Got to go! SCRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! _________________

2. Re: Dang, what do yall think the fastest car is?????????

the ThrustSSC is the fastest but is a jetcar (1300 KPH)

<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Dang, what do yall think the fastest car is?????????

The Thrust car is not street legal. Besides you can only drive that in a straight line, which is highly impractical and it will definitely not win races on tracks or any road with turns. The McLaren F1 has been the Fastest production street legal car in the world for some time now, but that won't last when because the Koenigsegg CC is going into international production in 2003 and so is the Bugatti Veyron 16/4. They both have higher acceleration, and top speed than the F1 does. The CC will have a price tag of $300,000 while the Veyron will be about $800,000. Both are still a better bang for the buck since the McLaren F1 is over $1 million.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Dang, what do yall think the fastest car is?????????

fastest production car ever is 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette at somewhere around 254.7mph...only one was made, but it Callaway said it would reproduce it for about 400,000$...<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Dang, what do yall think the fastest car is?????????

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 93Civic</i>
    <b>fastest production car ever is 1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette at somewhere around 254.7mph...only one was made, but it Callaway said it would reproduce it for about 400,000$...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's not just about top speed, because top speed cannot be achieved in a real race. Acceleration matters more and that's where the Callaway Corvette loses. the Callaway Corvette has a 0-60 of 4.5 seconds which is nowhere near the McLaren F1, Koenigsegg CC, or the Bugatti Veyron 16/4.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Dang, what do yall think the fastest car is?????????

I think it would be wise for everyone to pay no attention to records. Most of these supercars can go faster than 250 mph if given enough room to accelerate in no wind conditions. The fastback olds aerotech, which I cannot find listed on this site, reached 278 mph on the Bonneville salt flats. The slow cambacked version reached 250. There are many supercars listed on this website of superior power, acceleration, and aerodynamics which I'm sure could break the stupid Sledgehammer's record.