Death of the car

Discussion in '2002 GM Autonomy Concept' started by YyCloaknDaggeryY, Jan 4, 2003.

1. as we know it today the automobile will not exist in 50 years. Gas will be gone. driving independence will be gone. Everyone seems to think this will make us happier. sadly to the majority of people... driving is a chore. to the select few.. its a passion. we are being overruled, maybe not now but soon we will be turned upon and will be force to sit in a car as it drives itself and with no horsepower to even chirp a tire. my only suggestion is to buy the nicest car you can now and enjoy it while you have it

2. Re: Death of the car

Or maybe then they will make some vars for recreational purposes.

3. Re: Death of the car

Cars will not be GONE, just changed. There is a big difference between the two. Nobody could have guessed that the first car was to be changed to the cars of today. Of course it will take a lot of time untill the cars have changed as much as your saying it will. By then, the cars of today will be the oldtimers an we will laugh about todays oldtimers.
    I just want to say that you cant tell how cars will be excepted by the people.

4. Re: Death of the car

i can just see it now. You get in the car, you tell it where you want to go and it takes ytou there! could it be anymore boring?? will our children get to drive ?

5. Re: Death of the car

Yep. And I don't think gas will run out that quickly. I'm sure those guys out there will do something if that happens, still.