Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by Placid, Oct 3, 2002.

1. #1 Placid, Oct 3, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    ...and handles a lot better, for sure. The top speed for the VTTT on supercars.net are wrong, as many has implied. The true topspeed is 255mph. Proof? Sure, check out this link http://www.lambocars.com/framed/diablo/gemballad.htm

I think the Gemballa Diablo T50 and VTTT has about equal performance, based on the specs.

Byebye Slegdehammer...

2. #2 rossWal, Oct 3, 2002
  3. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

This has been quite extensively discussed in another thread. Please refer to the link Vette1 gave you.

4. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

this is utterly pointless. trying to conclude which is faster by a couple of miles an hour. why. im not at all interested in top speed unless its in production. that would mean something. because there have been faster non production cars that have reached 260 and over. pointless.

FAST = lapping the fearsome Nurburgring in under 8 minutes. even the most hardened driver wouldnt wrestle this car around that course for fear of ending their life in the most spectacular way.

5. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

the dodge viper 1000tt is the fastest supercar out there and nobody can deny that it would waste both of them.
    0-60 in 1.85
    1/4 mile 8.95

6. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

#$%# all you who think the lambo is faster!!!!!!!!! Claiming supercars.net is wrong on speed!!!! No there not!!!!!!!! the corvette is the best sports car ever see this: fastest street legal car: corvette sledgehammer - fastest 1/4 mile and 0-60: Corvette lingenfelter 427 TT 0-60 in 1.97 sec and the 1/4 mile in 8.95 sec

so there corvette has both the records for street cars

7. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

Fuvk all you haters who say anthing else is faster than this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no other car and beat this in tospeed!!!!!!!!!!!1 254.7 MPH is never gonna be beat by anything else than another corvette!!!!!!!!!1 face the facts corvettes are the best car ever!!!!!!!!!!!! best 0-60 and 1/4 mil eis done by a corvette 0-60 in 1.97 sec and 1/4 mile in 8.95 sec!!!!!!!! and for topspeed another corvette wins again with the callaway sledgehammer at 254.7MPH

8. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

Both Corvettes have been tampered with. Neither one is a stock Corvette car. Fine they have records...but put a stock Vette against the Diablo, Merc, Gallardo, Cala, Countach...it's over...Lamborgini's entire line can take out a Corvette...so i don't agree that having both records makes them the best cars...good for them but it's not as much as people think when only one type of that car was made.

9. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

#$%# all you who think the lambo is faster!!!!!!!!! Claiming supercars.net is wrong on speed!!!! No there not!!!!!!!! the corvette is the best sports car ever see this: fastest street legal car: corvette sledgehammer - fastest 1/4 mile and 0-60: Corvette lingenfelter 427 TT 0-60 in 1.97 sec and the 1/4 mile in 8.95 sec

so there corvette has both the records for street cars

maybe so but there some of the most ugly cars made!

10. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

i wouldnt say so, the sledge is way better in all areas of straightline speed - thats not to say though that the lambo wouldnt thrash it on a circuit

11. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

i know a car that will beat this viper like me beating a kid with downs syndrome stuffing him in a tuba and smacking him with a bag of kittens. its a god darn dragster with top speed of over 300 MPH in 3 secconds and u dont have anything on that but it doesnt mater becuase u cant go over 70 mph on the road anyway

12. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

When are people on this site going to realize that a car with such massive power as the 1000TT can actually handle superbly and is not "just" a drag racer? Honestly, every time someone brings up something like "yeah, that Corvette sucks, and NSX would rape it around a track" it makes me sick. Don't assume because a car is American or has sh!tloads of power that it handles bad, because that's really not the case.

13. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

no, thats just another modded car, there are a lot of cars faster than that...and in these forum top speed is being discussed,not acceleration

14. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

ur just jelious of chevy muscle

15. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

what the F@#$ have u been smoking

16. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

lamborghinis never get repect at all. thats why the VTTTis not up because it would every corvette, viper, 1000hp supras,GT40 owners nightmere to see a lamborghini that can hit 255 mph and turn just as good as f1 racer.callaway corvette owners BEWERE theres a devil on the lose!!

17. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

Yayy, someone understands it. The Nurburgring is the right place to judge a car on what it's able to do. No straight-line americrap, but the right mix between handling and power: exactly what a supercar should be judged on.

18. Re: Diablo VTTT/Gemballa is faster...

f#@$ u ***** i dont see any of them that can beat this corvette it is a stock basicly it just has a special package so just go screw a tree and realize that this corvette is faster than any lambo whether u like it or not get over it.

dont #$%# with me

19. #19 thekodakkid, Dec 7, 2006
    I'm so sorry to tell you this, you are incorrect in your post. There is NO PRODUCTION AUTOMOBILE that you can licence plate that can get UNDER the 2 second to 60 mark, not without slicks and that's that. But seriously, the Viper TT1000 specs are accurately discribed below, please make note of this. Scroll down the the bottom of the page, and remember this sucker is almost 1100 HP's so no such thing as a 0-60 under 2 seconds. This car is practically the most powerful vehicle on the road so if it can't asertain that 0-60 time of 1.85 seconds, nothing will.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/gazvipers/Hennessey%20Venom.htm

20. speaking of top speed, one of my friends races at bonneville. if you want to talk about 254-255 mph being fast, try a 1.6L 300hp PINTO MOTOR pushing a 2400-pound car to 290mph. I'll run a scan of the records when i get some time.

21. Thats because your biaist.

You say it basicly stock but yet the motherfu ker has a Garrett Turbo which is something that factory corvettes don't have you idiot.

This car is fast in a straight line but around the track the lambo wins. Iam more than sure that even a stock Diablo VT will out handle this at almost anyrace track around the world. You can build a car for all out straight line performance but that scarfices handling.

22. you should post more often!