Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar R3' started by shefx, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 84812</i>
    <b>taz you miss spelled your Shelby GT 500. She is spelled Eleanor.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah? Well you misspelled 'miss spelled'.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

and by the way arrows is using this engine, and jordan might be turning to cosworth too.

3. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

Spyder757 said before

"The Astin Martin's V-12 Vanquish is actually 2 Ford Duratec V-6s that have been joined together using a process invinted by Cosworth"

Dang, thats some complicated shite.
    Anyone have any idea how they do that?

4. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ParisGreen</i>
    <b>Spyder757 said before

"The Astin Martin's V-12 Vanquish is actually 2 Ford Duratec V-6s that have been joined together using a process invinted by Cosworth"

Dang, thats some complicated shite.
    Anyone have any idea how they do that?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

with a giant welding torch.

5. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TazDevil</i>
    <b>"Cosworth Racing, the most successful engine builder in Formula One history"...i think that explains it. Jaguar never built engines for Formula One racing.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    they don't to be all that succesfull right now

6. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

you're right!
    2002 Le mans winner: Jaguar XKR

7. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

bmw 4.4 gives you 325...
    big difference
    thats where you get the supercharged version which gives you 390hp plus...
    Jaguar is not pulling out, but the opposite in their F1 plans... the R4 looks a lot better.. and makes the R3 look like old news
    the new XJ kills the 7 series
    the S-Type R, matches the M5, at $9k less...
    next in line for Jaguar
    is a supercharge 3.5L in the X-Type, to beat the m3.
    land rover to compete with the X series.
    i think jaguar is making bmw run for their money

8. Re: Did they HAVE to use the ford engine??

What are you talking about? Audi and bmw with their high tech engines have won overall the last 4 years. And even if you are talking about the GTS class the corvette has walked all over the avr vipers for the last two years so i dont know where four in a row is comming from.

Yes I know that dodge did have considerable success with its viper in road racing, but this is formula one. Companies who have had way more success in racing than dodge such as lamborgini, still get into formula one and realize how difficult it is. So lets not mix up road racing success with the pinicle of motorsports.