divorced wastegate

Discussion in '2002 Ferrari 360 GT' started by blaze4eva, Jan 1, 2003.

1. what does the car have a divorced wastegate right behind the side window. i am under the impression that this car has an n/a engine, and wastegates are used to remove excess boost pressure that is caused by a turbocharger. so someone please explain what that is, or what's is function. secondly, why are the exhaust placed in the center of the back. how is this more efficient? i believe that teh pagani zonda c-12 S uses this as well. i was wondering why more cars dont use this type of design and in what way (technical explanation) of why it is better.

2. Re: divorced wastegate

i dont see what you are talking about. i know that this car isnot turbo charged so there isn't a waste gate and if you are talking about the circular silver object on the side of the car that is the gas tank.

3. Re: divorced wastegate

both mid-engined cars...therefore, it's easier to route the exhousts through the centre...less exhaust length...therefore (probably) more power. Also, it looks so cool!

4. Re: divorced wastegate

i agree wid veyron man

5. Re: divorced wastegate

looks like a divorced wastegate to me. i dont think its for gas as none of the other GT cars have em. i know what a divorced wastegate looks like and it looks like one. seeing as how its a mid engined car its in teh proper placement too. its the metal quasi circular looking object with a hole on the side of the car.