DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THIS WOULD BRING?

Discussion in '1900 Mercedes 35HP Rennwagen' started by Ferrariman94, Aug 9, 2002.

1. First Mercedes

pretty sure it is the first.<!-- Signature -->

2. I own one!

I got one of these in my house.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: I own one!

sure you do. I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you, cheap!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: I own one!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lamborghini Rockz</i>
    <b>I got one of these in my house.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --><!-- Signature -->

5. Re: I own one!

i own one too! ya $16 at sam's club

6. Wow

Cars have come a lllllooooonnnnnngggg way since 1900! I mean look at this car! Then compare it to the I dunno....Ferrari F60! Or maybe compare it's engine to the RB26DET Skyline engine, which has the most advanced computer system! It's amazing when you think about it!<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Wow

OOPS! I mean RB26DETT. Two T's...not one.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Wow

you could compare it to the buick park avenue and get the same effect but while cars have come a long way they haven't. Cars are still powered by inefficient cylinder driven engines (except the mazda rotory) and they still have the same general layout. While these attributes of cars have gotten better and more advanced they are still the same basic designs. Forced induction has been around since the early pert of the 20th century as well. Cars have gotten better but have not strayed from what they have always been. Just something to think about....

9. Re: Wow

I think it is funny that it has 360 Cubic Inches of Volume and produces on 35 HP. So obviously they design for this cylinder system has advanced quite abit!!!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Wow

message to that GOAT, if you care to look, it develops 35 brake @ 1000rpm not bad for 1900!!

11. Re: Wow

Just out of curiosity, why were the old engines so 'slow'? Is it something to do with friction or maybe the intake and fuel systems?

12. Re: Wow

i have one thing to say, mercedes sucks

13. Re: Wow

I think the biggest reason the first engine were so slow as far as RPM goes is due to the way they were made. The metals and methods they used to make them are by today standards inferior. Not to mention the fact the petrol-engine was still very new and wasn't being massed produced till Henry Ford made car manufactoring much more effecient. Does that sound right to everyone or did I just make foo of myself?<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Wow

lololololololol mercades still hasnt evelved from their 35 hp category<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pontiacgto1974</i>
    <b>i have one thing to say, mercedes sucks</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

u do realize this car was made 102 years ago? or..wait maybe u dont..?<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lotec Gtr</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pontiacgto1974</i>
    <b>i have one thing to say, mercedes sucks</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

u do realize this car was made 102 years ago? or..wait maybe u dont..?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

his is obsessed with crappy pontiacs so he's a dumb#$%#...<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Wow

and u still can't spell, dildo.

18. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WakkaWu</i>
    <b>lololololololol mercades still hasnt evelved from their 35 hp category</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

merc rules.

19. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MarkM91286</i>
    <b>OOPS! I mean RB26DETT. Two T's...not one.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

ya know you can edit it

20. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from NikEye</i>
    <b>Just out of curiosity, why were the old engines so 'slow'? Is it something to do with friction or maybe the intake and fuel systems?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->its the lack of technology, in my opinion...<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Wow

nice car. a 4 speed in 1900? the corvette kept the 4 speed manual for it's 1970 years. showing how advanced mercedes has been. maxinmum horsepower at 100rpm is an iffy. 86km/h at that age is pretty sweet.

22. Re: Wow

WOW...
    I'm speechless...the first true automobile...I guess some people here don't apreciate this the way I do ....

23. Re: Wow

That's because many people are ignorant jackasses that come here thinking they know everything about cars and that the Dodge Viper and Corvette are the fastest production cars ever just because they are made in the United States. Don't get me wrong, I'm American and love American cars, but Europe has played a big role in the cars industry all along. In the '60s when we were making big clunky cars with huge engines that fell apart easily, Germany produced the affordable bug that was small and light with a small engine that didn't have as many parts that could fall off of it. Europe has always been on the cutting edge of efficiency, while Americans just want power. And I'm rambling, so to the point, this is my agreement and explaination of why I am agreeing with GeaKana.<!-- Signature -->

24. Re: Wow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gearjammer</i>
    <b>you could compare it to the buick park avenue and get the same effect but while cars have come a long way they haven't. Cars are still powered by inefficient cylinder driven engines (except the mazda rotory) and they still have the same general layout. While these attributes of cars have gotten better and more advanced they are still the same basic designs. Forced induction has been around since the early pert of the 20th century as well. Cars have gotten better but have not strayed from what they have always been. Just something to think about....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Well put. Not much has changed. Production has become far more precise thanks to new tech and computers but not much has changed by way of design. I mean, we've been stuck for 100+ years on the same basic engine/transmission platforms. 102 years later we finally have hybrid engines and CVT's. Compared to other developing technologies today, the automotive industry is at a standstill. Change aint easy.

I am none the less impressed with this machine. Oh to be able to see one when they were produced and active!

25. Re: Wow

I want one<!-- Signature -->