Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Discussion in '2000 Porsche Carrera GT Concept' started by 50 cent, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Even though this car is great, the gt1 is still better

2. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

The GT1 was also made for LeMans and costs a nice load of pocket change. ($1,000,000 compared to the Carrera GT $350,000-400,000)

3. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

basically. I would rather have an F1 though over the GT1.

4. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

McLaren F1 is a road car while the Porsche GT1 is LeMans unless you are talking about the GT1 road car. Well the LeMans will beat the McLaren F1 on the track...(I think)

5. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

But GT1 was a race-car, with no optionals or gadgets, very light (-100 Kg than CarreraGT), no comfort and bad CxS. I think performances wiil be app. the same, except for top speed, and CarreraGT will be "simplier" to drive.

Mafalda

6. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Yeah the GT1 was stripped down to nothing but performance and no luxury interiors. Just a pure race car.

7. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

kinda like the old ACR, of course you could have the luxury things installed, but if you wanted just a race car, you could buy one.

8. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Yeah good point. The GT2 is also stripped down from a 996 Turbo because the Turbo is a 4 seater while the GT2 is a 2 seater. GT2 still has its luxury in it and I think the Carrera Gt is going to also.

9. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Hard to say if it will. All the parts have been inspired from race car tecnology. All the way from the PCCB brakes which weigh 50% less to the 2 double wishbone axles race chassis. This thing is diffenatly fast.

10. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Definately is going to be fast but I never knew that the PCCB brakes weigh 50% less...I thought they will be heavy since they are so big.

11. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Thats what I mean when I say it will be fast they are tryin to pull a Mclaren or something by going super light weight. Theres also a really low installation of the crankshaft reducing the vehicles center of gravity. So in the end higher cornering speeds.

12. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Sweet! Do you know how far it'll be raised off the ground?

13. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Unfortunately I do not know the ride height if thats what you mean.
    I know just as much as everybody else when it comes to the dimensions.

Dimensions

Length 4,556 mm
    Width 1,915 mm
    Height 1,192 mm
    Wheelbase 2,700 mm
    Front track 1,620 mm
    Rear track 1,570 mm
    Fuel tank capacity 90 l

Thats what I know. I'll soon get more, once Porsche releases the info.

14. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Yeah...I am hoping it will be almost as low as Saleen S7 but not as low. Just low but not to low.

15. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

As long as it keeps a low center of gravity so that it can go fast through the corners. In the prototype pics, it really looked low.

16. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

As long as it keeps a low center of gravity I think we are okay.

17. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

It'll stick to the ground that way.

18. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Yeah I know...downforce helps a car stay on the ground and since this is a mid engine car there will be plenty of downforce so I think we're okay.

19. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Since the car is so low they are also improving the underbody aerodynamics so the bottom of the car sucks it down too.

20. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Yeah thats true. Plus a driver and a passenger will also help the downforce and maybe some extra luggage.

21. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

That will keep it tighter too. This will produce some pretty good downforce.

22. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

yeah and hopefully the bottom would be all flat.

23. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

As far as i'm concerned it grips to the road hard. That lower center of gravity through the axle will hold it down.

24. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Yeah it will.

25. Re: Do you think this will improve on the GT1?

Im pretty sure im going to Geneva no. My parents are budging