Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell me yo

Discussion in '1966 Plymouth Barracuda S' started by 5 Liter Mustang, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Ok, here is the pic of when we first got it. Its a 66 Plymouth Barracuda. It has the 2 barrel 273 V8 (180 hp). It has a 4 speed manual, with the reverse lockout. We got it for 700 buck, and the engine does run. We are going through a fairly complete restoration that includes body, paint, engine, drivetrain, and interior. Im 16 years old, and my dad has a car shop, so this is our project for my first "real" car.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

Ok, here it is at the body shop, with most of the body work done...ready for that paint!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

you know what i think this is a gret idea for a first car....... i like this car and when it will be finished it will be great to see you in first place..... i'm 16 and i agree with you!

4. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

The slant six is a really good motor. One of the strongest 6 cyl's ever made no doubt. They have lots of torque...

i just sent my car to the interior place, so next pics i get will show the newly covered seats, headliner, carpet, doorpanels, and a few other details...thanks for responding.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

Here is it with new paint.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

heres the interior done...this car is coming along nicely, we still need to complete the drivetrain, and just put it all together. this car is gonna be a blast to drive.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

Congrats on the restoration, your car looks real good. I have a 69 Barracuda formula-s. 340 with a 4-speed, I am also in the middle of my resto. My barracuda may not be the fastest muscle car in the world, but I have a great time with it. It does alright for me. It will run low to mid 14 sec. 1/4 mile times at the track. Have fun!!

8. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

Not to put you down, but slant 6's just dont have the power 8 cylinders have due to their design. Because of this, i say you drop a hemi conversion kit in there... ;)<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

actually, this car is a V8, and im just about done with rebuilding the engine...here's updated pics...<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

Hey, good luck. I'm also rebbulding a car - I know the time and effort that goes in. I'm sure it willl all be worth it one day.

11. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

congrats on the restoration project. its lookin better than you first got it, thats probily the whole point though, but have fun when your finished!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

hey nice job, ive got a 64 that im sellin...and lookin for a 944, email me if your interested, it needs to be restored, but it runs incredibly well [email protected]

13. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

Heres where we are now<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

finally, the wait is over...i haven't been able to post up pics for a while cause i've been so busy working on it.!

anyways, its done. im very happy with it.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

HERE IT IS 100% complete, new wheels and all.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

I think anyone restoring an old car, specially a mopar is to be commended lol...best of luck on your project, and congrats on finishing your project as well, MoparMuscle...I too had a project car, was a 1970 Dodge Charger 440 R/T but unfortunately the costs ran over what I had projected and I couldn't afford to fix it up at the time..but someday I will find my Mopar to work on!! I hope you two enjoy your projects and encourage others to do the same...car restoration is a hell of a hooby to be involved with, and as the slogan goes from the Speed Channel's American Muscle car show, "don't crush 'em..restore 'em!"

17. Re: Documenting the retoration of my 66 barracuda. Please tell m

69' Barracuda? Didn't they only make 60 of those?