Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

Discussion in '2001 Buick Bengal Concept' started by paganirules, Aug 9, 2002.

1. They want to change their brand image.
    They're seen as wusses.
    Their cars are boring.
    Yet they have exciting cars, that people want, selling under different names on different continents!! (Vauxhall, Holden)

Caddy is starting its turnaround, with the CTS (which is cool)
    The XLR is going to be badass too.

The Pontiac Vibe is a solid, practical car, which is cooler than its Matrix counterpart. If they would ditch their entire line, and just bring in a few Holdens with Pontiac badges (like with the GTO). Bring in the Solstice, and you have an exciting porfolio.

Chevy? What do they make, besides the Vette? Trucks.
    They need something new too. Put a bowtie on the Vauxhall VX220. There you go. Two sports cars, in two brackets. Now build your line-up, including a 2+2 Bengal-type pony car.

Buick? Ditch Buick. GM has too many companies that are exactly the same. How many different profiles can you operate in? With Pontiac slotted above Chevy, and Caddy above that, tehre's no room in between<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

Buick needs to just stick with the luxury cars that made the cars popular in the first place. I mean, Buick? Supercar? They just don't mix. People see Buick as a luxury car company, which is why the car will not be very popular.

3. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

DITCH BUICK??? you guys are tards, Buick has always made some of THE best cars to come out of a GM plant. the GS 400 and the 455 counterpart, the old school rivieras were awesome, and lets not forget the 80's performance machines, the Regals. getting rid of oldsmobile is good, and quit making so many damn SUVs, the sales will slump soon, and GM will be screwed.

4. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

the Chevy truck known as the Silverado SS could waste many sports cars out there.

If caddy can produce the Cien, GM will be in business.

5. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

It would be a better idea if Buick and Oldsmobile merge to make a new company. They make the same kinds of cars anyways. They make GM look bad.

6. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

this car is exactly like the Pontiac Solstice. and yes, gm keeps letting one of their brands kick another of their brands in the balls.

7. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

Here's what I think the GM companies should do.
    Chevy - Trucks, SUV's, and high performance sports cars
    Pontiac - High performance sports cars, some economy cars
    Buick - Luxury cars, high performance sports cars, and maybe, just maybe exotics
    Cadillac - Luxury and exotics
    Oldsmobile - Economy and some sports cars
    Saturn - Economy and family cars
    That's pretty much it. If GM seperates the companies this way, then sales will boom up.

8. Re:
    Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nu

damnit i liked this car

9. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

Yeah why does GM always bring out awesome concept cars and then ditch them? I can name several off the top of my head.. such as this Bengal, the Buick Blackhawk, Chevy SS, Cadillac Sixteen, etc. etc. etc.

10. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

I don't think that will work for several reasons, namely:
    Chevy has always, and will always make cars for everybody, and soon SUV's will form a thick blanket over used car dealerships.
    Buick and Oldsmobile have very similar images and would have eaten each other alive if Oldsmobile hadn't been terminated
    Buick, performance. Just doesn't sound right. They may have had muscle cars that were "performance" machines, but then again so did almost every American marque back in that time.
    Regardless, GM needs to get it's shit straight. They've got too much on their international plate.

Cadillac on the other hand could do very well in the scenario you have illustrated. There new products are among my favorites.The XLR and CTS are GM's best all new models in years.

11. Re: Does anyone else think GM keeps kicking itself in the nuts?

I agree with the part about losing Buick

12. I don't like the design