Does anyone know...

Discussion in '1996 Ferrari F50 Bolide' started by Blitzschnell, May 24, 2003.

1. Why this beast didn't got into production? I love the styling. It's a bloody shame that it didn't.

2. Re: Does anyone know...

This car was made for only the Sultan of Brunei ...Theres only 1 car made , I think...I heard somewhere that the Sultan didn't liked the design of the car so he keeps it in his garage..he doesn't drive it..

3. Re: Does anyone know...

Does anyone know exactly how many cars the sultan of brunei actually has? I mean for every forum i see of a nice car someone says he has one. It is crazy

4. Re: Does anyone know...

Three units have been made, all for the Sultan of Brunei. If I remember right, it was a birthday gift from Ferrari.

5. Re: Does anyone know...

Quote: Does anyone know exactly how many cars the sultan of brunei actually has? I mean for every forum i see of a nice car someone says he has one. It is crazy

There was a news section on this website about a year ago all about his cars. In this, it said that he had over five thousand exotic cars (probably more now).Here are some of them:-

-10 McLaren F1s (100 built)
    -2 of these F1s are LMs (5 built)
    -a Ferrari F40 in every colour made available
    -the Ferrari F50 Bolide
    -a special Ferrari 456 Saloon
    -a special Ferrari 456 Estate
    -an Opac (a 2 door 4x4 built for him)
    -a bentley 4x4 also built for him

His cars are scattered all over the world in his many homes

6. Re: Does anyone know...

not so much anymore...after his brother in law f'ed up the financial record keeping and "misplaced" 12 billion dollars he got pissed an locked up his 5000 cars in 3 huge warehouses an hasn't driven them or let anyone else drive them.

7. Re: Does anyone know...

1 was made. It is just a different shell on the reg. f50. It was not delivered due to the the financial situation in brunei at the time

8. Re: Does anyone know...

This F50 doesnt have much more horsepower than the original. Other than that, its pretty much the same car mechanically. Other than for design purposes I couldn't see Ferrari producing this car.

Forza Ferrari

9. ahead of it's time,nice smooth lines like alot of the exotics nowadays.