does anyone know..?

Discussion in '1954 Desoto Adventurer II' started by love of cars, Aug 9, 2002.

1. kick @$$ car

Nice for the 50's<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: kick @$$ car

Agreed. Striking looking car.

3. Re: kick @$$ car

it looks like a cross between a rocket-skateboard and a torpedo--and i don't mean that as a bad thing. around here, if you drove this, you'd be the shit--especially rumbling with a hemi v8<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: kick @$$ car

i think the car looks horrible but thats good hp for 1954.....still think it looks like a red pink fat line with windows and a ruff and some other things cars come with

5. Re: kick @$$ car

is it just me or is this car very similar to the Ford T-Bird?<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: kick @$$ car

i dont think so.....mabey the front

7. Re: kick @$$ car

i think it's pretty shit, for an old car it's allrite, but it'd be good in some driver film or something

8. Re: kick @$$ car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>Nice for the 50's</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Nice for the 50s? Hell, this thing is nice for the 90s, or 21st century for that matter.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: kick @$$ car

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from love of cars</i>
    <b>Nice for the 50's</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It is interesting isnt it?<!-- Signature -->

10. why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

De Soto the only mark of the group was Chrysler that didn't survive (except to Plymouth), but for something Chrysler did create it and later it did dissolve it???<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

Don't really know...

some interesting facts tho:

they held the record for most cars produced in a single year within the chrysler/pontiac group for 30 years..

and the 1957 desoto adventurer was the first US car ever to have 1 hp for every cubic inch of engine capacity.

cease production in 61.

<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

Pimpin<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

s**t, i would buy one.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

i reckon you could customise it a bit, and make it look like an old mafia car

15. Re: why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

It looks awesome as it is!<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: why did Chrysler create the De Soto???

Desoto was a division of Chrysler

they made taxis and passenger cars up intil 1961

when very poor sales killed the name

which is a shame cos they built some nice cars

the Firedome (early hemi) V8

the FireFlite , FireSweep

the bees kness in the 50's

17. This looks amazing.

A car with great looks like this make it seem like it came from nowadays. With about 100 more hp this would kick even more ass! <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: This looks amazing.

wow, this is an incredible-looking car...im hooked!<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: This looks amazing.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from caddybadboy</i>
    <b>wow, this is an incredible-looking car...im hooked!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Nitrous sucks.
    <!-- Signature -->

20. Ive actually only heard of Desoto a couple times, its amazing that there is only one of them left. Its a pretty cool car, does anyone know how many of these cars were originally made??

21. Re: kick @$$ car

It's just you. As for it looking bad, I do not think so at all. I bet its a pretty speedy car for something that is 50 yearts old.

22. Re: does anyone know..?

no