Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Discussion in '1999 BMW LMR' started by F U C K, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Let's face it; this is one awesome car! It won Le Mans and Sebring with the same engine used in the McLaren F1 GTR; not bad at all! As soon as the new Audi R8R's started showing up in 2000, however, the car was basically forgotten. Why?

2. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Everyone forgot cause everyone loves those damn Audis! Audi ever copied a few things from the LMR. Rollhop just to name one...<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Actually, this car has gotten a ton of respect from car enthusiasts such as model collectors and car junkies, such as myself. I just don't understand why BMW didn't race in 00', 01', or 02'. I don't understand. Any ideas?<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

I think that the car is awesome, fascinating, and the best LMP on the face of earth. If you like LeMans cars, check out the 1994 402 kph Dauer 962 LM (a more powerfull porsche 962), or the MB clk gtr.

5. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VMIFerrari</i>
    <b>Let's face it; this is one awesome car! It won Le Mans and Sebring with the same engine used in the McLaren F1 GTR; not bad at all! As soon as the new Audi R8R's started showing up in 2000, however, the car was basically forgotten. Why? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Because the GT-One kicked it in speed , BMW won only thanks to Toyota bad luck.

Boutsen , who was leading the race , has been hurt by another car , he had to abandon.
    The n°2 GT-One has broken 11 times the track record to come back from 7th place to 2nd place.
    It was only 20s behind the V12 LMR and catching it like a rocket when a rear tire exploded.

The GT-One should have won the race in 1999 , not the BMW.

6. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

it was an ALMS race when the bimmer v12 went off of the track with minutes left on the clock, does anyone remember any details about that race?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

This car didn't get respect cuz its not as purdy as the Audi.

BMW stop racing it cuz they went to le mans to win not to be second place to Audi. These raced against the audis for a little bit but lost.

8. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

BECAUSE NO ONE EVER REALLY REMEMBERS 2ND AND 3RD

9. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

What is that supposed to mean? In case you don't know, it WON Le Mans and WON Sebring. Second and Third? I think not.

10. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

believe was the petit le mans in 2000 at road atlanta.

11. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

I hope BMW returns to Le Mans soon.

12. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

This sounds like one of those stupid redneck conversations that says the South "should" have won the Civil War. Well guess what? The South didn't and the Toyota didn't win either. So let it go!

13. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

i respect it!

14. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

i also!

15. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Awsome

16. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

17. Re: Doesn't get the respect it deserves.

good point nobody "should have" won anything