Don' t be too sad...

Discussion in '1985 Peugeot 205 T16 Group B' started by stollentroll, Aug 10, 2002.

1. ... that Group B is gone. Remember that these cars were designed over 15 years ago. With advancements in chassis, gearbox and all-wheel drive technology todays WRC cars are nearly as quick as the Group B cars.

But seeing Walter Roehrl blasting up the Pikes Peak in his 700 hp Audi S1 is just crazy.

2. Re: Don' t be too sad...

I think the Corsica rally should have been banned not the Group B cars, in most rallies you can make a mistake a survive but Corsica is
    stupid...
    <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Don' t be too sad...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Alessandro</i>
    <b>I think the Corsica rally should have been banned not the Group B cars, in most rallies you can make a mistake a survive but Corsica is
    stupid...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You better run before Deuginthesky read this...

4. Re: Don' t be too sad...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from stollentroll</i>
    <b>... that Group B is gone. Remember that these cars were designed over 15 years ago. With advancements in chassis, gearbox and all-wheel drive technology todays WRC cars are nearly as quick as the Group B cars.

But seeing Walter Roehrl blasting up the Pikes Peak in his 700 hp Audi S1 is just crazy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Todays WRC ARE quicker than the Group B cars!!!!

Because of the FIA regulations of the engines, constructors have been forced to work on other areas then the engine. Aerodynamics, traction etc. This, and the fact that WRC engines churn out more torque then the Group B cars means that WRC cars of today are faster than the Group B cars.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Don' t be too sad...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Homero</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Alessandro</i>
    <b>I think the Corsica rally should have been banned not the Group B cars, in most rallies you can make a mistake a survive but Corsica is
    stupid...
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You better run before Deuginthesky read this...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Too bad he's not in front of me...

ANY RALLY IS VERY DANGEROUS !!!!!!!

Have you ever seen one by yourself ??????<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Don' t be too sad...

About the Corsica Rally, in 1988 Juha Kankkunen said:
    "This rally it's too hard. They should organize the race in a place with less turns, curves and bends"

And Michele Mouton answered to him:
    "OK, but you first cut off those ridiculous jumps of the Finland roads"

I love the irony in women (more if she use to drive a Group B car)

7. Re: Don' t be too sad...

What about Tina Turner? Thomas Raadstrom's co pilot?? The finished 2. in Safari rally in the Citroën!<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Don' t be too sad...

Tina Turner?? The singer?? Are you talking serious?

9. Re: Don' t be too sad...

Not the singer!! But her name is Acctually Tina Turner! Have competed in sevral rallys and Dakar too!<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Don' t be too sad...

OK, but she is a co-pilot. Françoise Delecour also race with a female co-pilot in his beginings (with the Ford Sierra Cosworth 4x4).

After Michele Mouton, the only female rally driver in get some points for the WRC was Paola de Martini (she use to drive an Audi 80 Quattro in 1988).

11. Re: Don' t be too sad...

It's actually Tina Thorner. (The O is one of those ones with two dots over it, anyone know how to write them?).

12. Re: Don' t be too sad...

on a French type keyboard , its on the touch with theses 2 signs "^" and "Å¡" , just on the right of the "P".

You first have to combine the "shift" touch with the touch where there's the sign "Å¡" , press once only , then tape the letter you want to see the sign on.

It gives that for a "o" --> "ö"<!-- Signature -->