Don't forget - it's a Morgan

Discussion in '2002 Morgan Aero 8' started by rixochet, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

Is Morgan Englands last?<!-- Signature -->

2. I have read some of the messages posted here and most of you seems to forget that this car is a Morgan and is built as a traditional Morgan. Its got a handbeaten alu body, and it still got the wooden frame supporting it. What's new on this car compared to older Morgans is the bonded alu chassis which makes the car extremely stiff and with the "inboard" race set-up suspension it has fantastic roadholding and grip. It has 18" OZ magnesim rims. It has the best V8 engine on the planet and a 6 speed Getrag gearbox, a fantastic combination. Even the BMW engineers who worked with Morgan Motor Company for 2 years said; "finaly the perfect chassis for our engine".

It is important to remember that this car was built in Morgan tradition, and is not primerarly built to compete with the likes of Porsche and Ferrari, but as a modern interpretation of a classic shape. It has taken Morgan into the 21 st century. As for the styling, well, some love it and others hate it. It's a matter of personal taste.

I love it. It is so much better than the older Morgans I have owned, including the awsome, but antiquated, +8. It is unbelievably fast and grippy. And instead of getting "the finger", as I do in some other cars, I get "thumbs up" instead. In my opinion Morgan has succedeed in making a modern Morgan.

And how do I know this? I took delivery of the first customer car, chassis no 21 late fall last year. The car is painted in Jaguar Emerald Green Metalic, with Magnolia hide and red piping. The colour looks dark green almost black in the shade and sparkling blue in the sun. It is simply fantastic.

3. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

You have very good taste I must say.

I think the problem we're seeing is the fact that a lot of the Americans on here dont understand what a Morgan is. Coupled with the fact half of them are 12year old kids who believe the Honda Civic is the worlds greatest car.

The result being the immature and ignorant threads such as "why oh why did they make this?" etc etc.

Basically a lot, but not all, of the kids on here require a widening of their cultural knowledge.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

Spectre Cars
    Heritage
    DJ Sportcars
    Ginetta
    GT Developments
    Beauford Cars
    Asquith
    Metrocab (Hooper)
    Carbodies
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Asteff</i>
    <b>I have read some of the messages posted here and most of you seems to forget that this car is a Morgan and is built as a traditional Morgan. Its got a handbeaten alu body, and it still got the wooden frame supporting it. What's new on this car compared to older Morgans is the bonded alu chassis which makes the car extremely stiff and with the "inboard" race set-up suspension it has fantastic roadholding and grip. It has 18" OZ magnesim rims. It has the best V8 engine on the planet and a 6 speed Getrag gearbox, a fantastic combination. Even the BMW engineers who worked with Morgan Motor Company for 2 years said; "finaly the perfect chassis for our engine".

It is important to remember that this car was built in Morgan tradition, and is not primerarly built to compete with the likes of Porsche and Ferrari, but as a modern interpretation of a classic shape. It has taken Morgan into the 21 st century. As for the styling, well, some love it and others hate it. It's a matter of personal taste.

I love it. It is so much better than the older Morgans I have owned, including the awsome, but antiquated, +8. It is unbelievably fast and grippy. And instead of getting "the finger", as I do in some other cars, I get "thumbs up" instead. In my opinion Morgan has succedeed in making a modern Morgan.

And how do I know this? I took delivery of the first customer car, chassis no 21 late fall last year. The car is painted in Jaguar Emerald Green Metalic, with Magnolia hide and red piping. The colour looks dark green almost black in the shade and sparkling blue in the sun. It is simply fantastic.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Good post!And good choise as well.I'm deeply touched with your taste.
    I've seen morgan only once in my unconscious life.So i'd be very pleased to extort some info i.e. some facts to make up the portrait of lucky man who opted for so awesome morgans.I suspect you'r creative personality and you know the world.That's all i can assert.Could you complete my rough notion please?It's really interestingly.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from rixochet</i>
    <b>Is Morgan Englands last?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Englands last? By that I take it you mean England's last indpendent car manufacturer.
    No, it most certainly isnt. I can sit here and give you pages of indpendent English companies.

TVR, MG-Rover, AC, Caterham, Westfield, Lister, Marcos, Bristol etc etc

So there you go, most certainly not England's last.

<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

Noble
    Ascari
    Brooke
    Light Car Company
    Minautor
    Ultima
    Phantom Automotive...

8. Re: Don't forget - it's a Morgan

Very, very good post. It's nice to see some intelligence on here for a change (as opposed to chest-thumping).