Don't go down that path..

Discussion in '2006 Lamborghini Miura Concept' started by ging, Jan 6, 2006.

1. No lamborghini, what are you doing??

Don't copy the americans by going down the "retro" path.

Not cool.

2. Actually, retro design was a European idea first and foremost, and secondly i say that as long as they can do it well, give it a shot...and i reckon that despite some dodgy photography (i'm sure this car looks better at certain angles in person, and the profile look awesome both in photos and RL i'm sure) Da Dilva has done a pretty good job, imo. Once again, an Italian is heading up Lamborghini's design house, hurrah!!!

3. Very outstanding design, like the original. This will find many friends and as many haters. There will be few in between, this is highly polarizing. I'm on the friends side, all I want is another colour and different rims.

4. they could've done worse, alot worse. look at what autobild thought it might look like. uugghhh.

5. why don't you like the rims? unlike the f600's f50 re-hashes, these are thoroughly modern interpretations of the original miura's rims.

i've heard rumours that this is going to either be the entry level model or a top-of-the-line limited edition model. i also read somewhere that it might be four wheel drive and possibly turbocharged.

6. It should go retro cuz it was good in the 60's & 70's

7. Well, i still don't like it. It totally lacks originality and is a lazy way of desigining things.

8. Does it still have the bull horn doors?

What kind of powerplant?

I heard this is supposed to be a 700hp Enzo fighter???

AWD or RWD?

Anyone have more pics?

9. i like that alot more then the actual

this is a modern interpretation, and thats what going retro is all about, not the exact same thing

its very edgy, like lamborghini is, and like the original Miura was [but is no longer today BTW] and it shares alot of similarities with cars like the gallardo and the murci, which is a good thing cause it gives the company more of a theme

but with the miura as it is now, it is completely different from the other cars they have. it just doesnt look like a lamborghini. sure it IS a lamborghini, and thats what symbolised the look of lamborghini ONCE, but this is no longer the look of lamborghini.

lemme restate because this is important and for those who didnt bother reading the rest

THIS IS NO LONGER THE LOOK OF LAMBORGHINI

it was once, but not anymore

i will get flames for this i know. "how can u say this isnt lamborghini, this was the original lamborghini!"

yes, but over the years lambo evolved into what we see today, and this car is nothing like what lamborghini is recently

THIS IS NO LONGER THE LOOK OF LAMBORGHINI

10. Even though this draws the shape from the original Miura, I see a lot of contemporary- Lamborghini connections in this car, first the wheels have been reworked so even though its a modern rendition of the original design, it can also be related to the Murcielago and Gallardo's. Second the front end seems to have different proportions over the older model and the headlight design resembles the Murcielago's, the rear has also (apparently) added wind diffusers that go with the brand's current Lambo design language.

Don't forget this is the first car penned by lambo's new design chief, Walter Da Silva, so he has new, different ideas about what Lamborghinis should look like

11. Dude.. please be quiet, let them build this thing and just dont buy one lol.. in all honesty i have been waiting for the return of the Miura, and a retro one is all that much better.

12. Just noticed something. Does it have a retractable spoiler at the rear like the Murcielago?

13. retro doesn't belong to lamborghini,**** you VW

14. #$%#, lambo seriously sucks at recreating cars. they went too retro. they should have smoothed it out a bit. I don't think lambos are meant to be reincarnated like american muscle. theyre fine automobiles that should be remembered not brought back. ugh.

15. So you're the one making all thos threads comparing cars to the Enzo... Where do you live so I can shoot you repeatedly

16. I dunno man...that "retro thing's" really taken off.

17. Well, the retro thing is a trend amongst people, particularly the ones that hold the money. Those people don't care about car heritage, pride, or whatnot. They care about names. Also, from what I can see of it, this is a marketing tactic for Lamborghini. They're always downcast by Ferrari, a fairly much larger company, so they're going all out to bring back a classic name and design to catch more popularity. Nearly ten years ago, Lamborghini made a dumb move by scrapping the Cala concept, hanging onto nothing for years, and then coming out with a toy car they dubbed the "Gallardo." Now they're getting smart getting retro with the Miura, Espada, and LM00X (descendant of the legendary LM002). I say go for it.

18. Totally agreed, i am on the Friends side too.

yes i would like this car in black.

19. You wanna draw me something that looks better? More original? Yeah, compare it to what autobild thought it would look like. I think it's sexy.

20. I highly disagree with you in several areas, the Cala was NOT a nice looking car, those huge air intake pods were just plain ugly!!! As for the Gallardo being a 'toy car' i reckon it is the best of the current Lamborghini range, a sentiment echoed by much of the automotive community (car mags went nuts over it) many perfer it to the Murcielago, and with the SE version now out, it's just gotten better! The retro move is a good idea for Lamborghini, but the Gallardo was another good idea, and Lamborghini's financial situation proves that!

21. this isn't retro...to me it looks like the exact same car with new rims and new headlights...and maybe slightly smoother looking...but it doesn't look different and new enough...its like they took a 1965 miura and glossed it up a bit...retro is supposed to have SOME styling ques from the original..but make a totaly new bold statement...and in my opinion this is not a new bold statement at all

22. this isn't retro...to me it looks like the exact same car with new rims and new headlights...and maybe slightly smoother looking...but it doesn't look different and new enough...its like they took a 1965 miura and glossed it up a bit...retro is supposed to have SOME styling ques from the original..but make a totaly new bold statement...and in my opinion this is not a new bold statement at all

23. this isn't retro...to me it looks like the exact same car with new rims and new headlights...and maybe slightly smoother looking...but it doesn't look different and new enough...its like they took a 1965 miura and glossed it up a bit...retro is supposed to have SOME styling ques from the original..but make a totaly new bold statement...and in my opinion this is not a new bold statement at all

24. You do realize you contradicted yourself by comparing the Gallardo to the Gallardo, right? (i reckon it is the best of the current Lamborghini range....many prefer it to the Gallardo...). Just thought you should know. To each their own, but I don't like the Gallardo. The Cala was better looking than the Gallardo in my opinion and would have had higher sales due to affordability. Interior was really nice, too.

25. Yeah, that was a typo, it should be "compared to the Murcielago" That will teach me for not proof reading what i post, and to not post when tired! What you said about the Cala having higher sales due to affordability has me wondering how that would work! Would it have undercut the Gallardo's pricetag a fair bit? If so, that would have been a risky move, as it could tarnish the brand's upmarket image.

Even if you dislike the Gallardo (and even the Murcielago), you have to admit that it is thanks to them that Lamborghini is in possibly the best shape it has ever been in. And with Da Silva in the styling department, the next generation of Lamborghinis may be more appealing to you (and the others who feel the same about modern Lamborghinis) I still standby what i said about the Gallardo though, I'm in love with the SE model!!! :p