Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by sbctimh, Sep 26, 2002.

1. this car is sweet, don't try saying it can't handle, or it's a deathtrap, maybe it is, maybe it isn't, you'll never drive one and find out so concentrate on the facts, it has a higher topspeed and 1/4 mile time then almost any other stock car out there

2. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

yeah, I agree so much... you comparing this to "Stock". are you are right ex. for handling part...

since you don't have proof for how this car handles and we all know how great does lets say... 911s handles?
    the fact is... the only thing this car can proof is the top speed...

and no, I don't hate american cars, I just don't like some people talking this can easily beat this and that, usually with out proof...
    and when it's similiar, they always stand by the american cars' side.

3. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

I had a 1991 Ford Ranger (small pickup truck) with a 5.0L Ford V8 in it. Total cost was around $5500. It could do way better burnouts than any Porshce.

4. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

No shit, it beats any "stock" car out there because its no where close to what it was when it to was a "stock" car.

5. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Open your eyes and realize that Porsche aren't they only amazing cars on the road. Give credit where credit is due, and there's a lot of that to be given for this car.

6. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Porches certainly have a lot of history and deserve a lot of credit...but this car does deserve credit. It was built with a specific goal in mind and it achieved that goal. Now, it is totally pointless to have a car that will do over 400km/h but, then again, bragging rights are cool..

7. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

V8's kick ass at burnouts.

8. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

That was Reeves Callaway's main point, to build a car that gave him major bragging rights.

(I wasn't saying that Porsche shouldn't be given credit, just so you know)

9. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

well shit, this car should be faster then any stock car... its heavily modified. o yeah and bout the 1/4 mile time.... thats not that fast for a car wit 880 hp. the lingenfelter is about 9 flat wit the same hp... thats what? 1.5 secs faster....

10. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Why is it so fast?

11. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Its gearing and power

12. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

What the heck did you just say!!! Judging by your bad English I would guess that your not American and YOU ARE JUST EXTREMELY JEALOUS OF THIS AMERICAN CAR THAT'S FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CAR FROM YOUR COUNTRY!!!!! And this is 15 year old technology!!!!!!! YOU CANT BEAT IT EVEN WITH BRAND NEW TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!! Next time you post use your brain, if you have one!!!!

13. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Gearing and Power?

14. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

it only has 880 bhp

15. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Ryan do you realize just how much power that is? To compare most cars built today come with about 150-200 horsepower. As for the people who say the Corvette is shit, how come it has been in production since 1953 and placed in the top 5 in its class and top 10 in LeMans since the late '50s? Vettes are amazing cars, my father and I both own Vettes and they are very fast, quick handling cars. One more thing, how can a car that does 170 from the factory be a peice of shit?

16. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

I didnt say it was bad. i no 880 is a lot how come cars like bugattis and such with over 1000 bhp and are much more aero dynamic and way about the same are slower?

17. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

No matter how well your cars can turn and handle you will never be Americans. Regardless I would say a car that was made in the late 80's that can go 255 is pretty good. Why do people say Viper or Corvettes are shit. All the people who say this are people who dont have supercars or even sports cars they have bikes with one wheel or honda civics

18. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

this car is great, you cant beat a nice big block american v8 man. easily the best car in the world and the fastest. it annoys me terribly when these narrow minded brits italians and germans think that their cars are the best becuse they go round a track better when everybody knows that in reality then only thing that matters is 1/4 mile times and top speed who cares about cornering. ferrari cant drag at all because they are shiyte and its the same with that shitty lotus elise what people from britain love to rave about.

19. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

YOU ARE A DUMB FUCKHEAD! DUDE, LOOK AT THE STATS! YOU ARE THE MOST RETARDED, IDIOTIC, WORTHLESS, MINDLESS SHITHEAD! MAN, IF YOU THINK THAT 257 MPH IS SLOW, YOU ARE ON ALL KINDS OF DRUGS. JUNKIES THESE DAYS. THEY JUST WON'T LEARN!!!!!!

20. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

i support the lakers

21. Re: Don't hate us because we're FASTER

Guess who's the retard here?

Even though the Callaway is fast, it's not the fastest car around and never has been. What about the 54-year-old technology that's on top of the speed list? But that doesn't count, does it? Because it isn't American, you ignorant, self obsessed halfwit!

America has produced two great cars in the last few years - the Saleen S7 and the Ford GT, even though I think nationality hasn't got anything to do with cars greatness.

As for bringing up the language capabilities of foreigners, a lot of us have far better command of your language than the average American.