Don't like the looks

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina' started by clk gtr, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Don't like the looks

the list price of this car is 258k<!-- Signature -->

2. The 550 is incredible, wicked looking car. This Barchetta just doesn't, the wheels look like after thoughts... what was wrong with the 550's ??!! The whole car looks like what it is.... A 550 with the roof chopped off....and its not a pretty sight.
    I don't know what this costs, but Im guessing 200k ..for that money i'de rather the DB7 Vantage Volante over this ...

What do u think of this Ferrari after thought ...??<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Don't like the looks

This is way more than 200k.

The DB7 is way below the class of this. This 550 would kick the DB7's butt. The Vanquish is more in 550 territory. And in every test between the Vanquish and the 550 the 550 won.

Aston Martins are not anywhere close to Ferraris. Anyone can tell you that.

4. Re: Don't like the looks

Wait....I just changed my mind about this car..i still don't like the wheels but I can see it now, its really nice. I studied the pics a bit more and I really like this now,..the interior is spot on, but the price I think its like $400,000 is way too pricey .....

For that money I still prefer the Aston Vantage Volante....at half the price !!
    <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: Don't like the looks

The 550 is downright beautiful, my neighbor has one and I love it. The concept of the barchetta is awesome, it's just the execution that's anything but awesome. I think Pinin Farrina could have put a little more though into this car. One thing that is for sure about this car is that it will be one of the rarest and most collectible ferraris ever, along with the f50, and f40. I totally agree with teh wheels, they just don't fit the persona of the car.

6. Re: Don't like the looks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Type R</i>
    <b>the list price of this car is 258k</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

really 258k? I thought it was more like 400k? anyway I have changed my mind about the looks....this is better than the vantage but for the money the aston wins this for me.

what do u think of this Ferrari Barchetta?<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: Don't like the looks

The interior is wicked, hella better than the 360 Spider.

But for the exterior, I personally think the 360 Spider looks better.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Don't like the looks

Heres a pic of the interior....the best part !!
    What are your thoughts of this Ferrari barchetta ?<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Don't like the looks

I think it is an astonishing car, it is one of cars design by true artists. Its beautifully crafted...... I was basically speachless when I saw this car last yr. Definetely future vintage, it is by far most beautiful convertible Ferrari ever made.

10. Re: Don't like the looks

i will prefer the 550 because it looks more stable, the barchetta looks weak, all though i love it!ferrari #1<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Don't like the looks

How can anyone dislike the look of any Ferrari, let alone a 550? True, it's weaker with the top chopped off, but its still a gorgeous car. Regardless of price, I'd take it over any Aston Martin in a heartbeat. This car steals the show wherever it goes.

12. Re: Don't like the looks

I prefer the 360 Spider , but the 550 Barchetta looks good.

13. Re: Don't like the looks

could have looked better! ferrari could have made something special but instead they just lopped the roof of the 550...shame.<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: Don't like the looks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>The 550 is incredible, wicked looking car. This Barchetta just doesn't, the wheels look like after thoughts... what was wrong with the 550's ??!! The whole car looks like what it is.... A 550 with the roof chopped off....and its not a pretty sight.
    I don't know what this costs, but Im guessing 200k ..for that money i'de rather the DB7 Vantage Volante over this ...

What do u think of this Ferrari after thought ...??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You obviously have no taste, style, or class. Fact: The 550 Barchetta Pininfarina is one of the most beautiful Ferraris ever to leave Marnello. Therefore, it doesn't matter what you think.

15. Re: Don't like the looks

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SuperSonic</i>
    <b>The 550 is incredible, wicked looking car. This Barchetta just doesn't, the wheels look like after thoughts... what was wrong with the 550's ??!! The whole car looks like what it is.... A 550 with the roof chopped off....and its not a pretty sight.

What do u think of this Ferrari after thought ...??</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think it's wonderful. Ever since I first saw the 550 Maranello, I dreamed of a "Spider" version being created like was with the Modena. It turned out just the way I imagined.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: Don't like the looks

If you were picked to buy one, you had to give your FNA dealer a check for $284k, thats what the final price you owed was. If you wanted to buy one now, expect to pay up to $400k.

17. Re: Don't like the looks

I love this car because all Ferraris look good but i think they could have done better.<!-- Signature -->