Dreaming in a foreign language

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Buhandi, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Have you ever had a dream in a foreign language? I was just taking a nap and had a dream where I was speaking Hebrew to this girl. Oddly enough, I've only taken one semester of the language.

2. Quite usually I dream in English. As for the past 2 or 3 years, actually moreoften in English than in Dutch.

4. I once had a dream where I was at a train station and heard some lady speaking Polish on the phone, but since I only know a few Polish words I barely heard anything.

5. Yes, in German and in English.

6. yea, but no other language than english i think...

7. Yeah its happened occasionally. Never thought anything of it though.

8. dreaming no, thinking yes.

9. your ancestors roll in their graves

10. I was riding this humongous wave. It wasn't some Gidget old fart wave, it was the big mugomba, you-ain't-gettin'-another-chance wave. I was riding it and this huge shark swims up to me, made Jaws look like a guppy, and he stopped. The he spoke to me in spanish. I spoke spanish in my dream and I understood it. He said 'La ola es mio', the wave is mine...the wave is mine.

11. Yes, in german once or twice.,

12. espanol once

13. We roll like that

14. Dreams english, nightmares mexican :/

15. I had a dream where I was in France, thinking in English but speaking to people in French

16. I've had dreams where I was using fake accents, actually.

17. ive had dreams in french before even though my french is woeful. Seems to flow better in my dreams because i dont hold myself back

18. Yes, Hebrew. I've been taking classes, actually. My major requires fluency in either Arabic or Hebrew.

19. actualy i can't remember the language of my dreams, i usualy forget them after a while

20. shouldve taken arabic

i work with a couple arabs, and they're teaching me bits and pieces!

21. I have dreams in Serbian every now and again, but not too often. Mainly English.

22. I don't recall dialogue in dreams, weird.
    It would probably be (caker accent) English though.

23. it's not weird i suppose, i can't too

24. yeah, sometimes in english