Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Discussion in '1963 Shelby Competition Cobra 289 Le Mans Hardtop' started by 327Vortec, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I admit its a handsome looking vehicial but its nothing to get all worked up about. All it is, is another shitty ford that problably rides like hell and is gonna fall apart on you.

2. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

thats why most construction companys buy ford heavy duty than chev or dodge. lets see ford sold 200,000 deisel equiped heavy duties, why chev sold 170,000 and dodge sold 80,000. stupid people. and this engine if you have read mags recently will be ford new deisel the turque is about 550 but same horse power. and its getting the 5speed gearbox, saving about 25% more gas.
    no wonder ford has the best selling trucks even after 6years of none change.

3. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Technology on this is advanced, a new change for ford. i would buy this.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

nothing wrong with this vehicle in terms of the market that it is targeting at

5. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Ford is one of the most trusted name in automobiles worldwide. If your a big chevy or dodge fan, they don't do much marketing outside of North America.

6. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

I love it when dudes kick mad knowlegde. Nice educated post

7. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

I don't really think it looks good.
    Anyway, the new Ford Expedition is really nice.
    Ford is doing much better overall than GM or Dodge

8. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

This is NOT a supercar, i really wish they would take this piece of crap of the sight

9. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

First, "supercar" is not a word. Second, read these definitions of "super" and "car" and you will find it fits the discription. So, shut the @#$% up about it. It is on the website and it ain't gonna change.

super
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

su•per (s»"p*r), n.

1.a superintendent, esp. of an apartment house.

2. a supernumerary.

3. a supervisor.

4. an article of a superior quality, grade, size, etc.

5. (in beekeeping) the portion of a hive in which honey is stored.

adj.

6. of the highest degree, power, etc.: a super council.

7. of an extreme or excessive degree: super haste.

8. very good; first-rate; excellent.

adv.

9. very; extremely or excessively: super cooperative.

[1855–65;

car
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

car (kär), n.

1. an automobile.

2. a vehicle running on rails, as a streetcar or railroad car.

3. the part of a conveyance, as an elevator or balloon, that carries the passengers, freight, etc.

4. any wheeled vehicle.

5. Archaic. cart; carriage; chariot.

[1350–1400;

© Copyright 1999 Simon & Schuster, Inc. and its licensors.

10. the fact....

I heard the news ,that the HLA is still having some problem. But before, you must know that HLA is almost the same like a toy car. When you move the toy car foward and then release it, the toy car will still move foward also the same way as you revese it. That hyadraulic sistem is almost the same as the car had. But because it's a concept the HLA cause the car made a very loud noises when it decelerating, especially between the gearbox and the propeller shaft.

11. Re: the fact....

The Hydraulic Launch Assist (HLA) may appear on 2004 Models. It is not the same as toy cars because it runs on air and not a spring. It should be soundless. It is also designed on a larger platform with more work. Noise shouldn't be an issue because that air is not let out, only transfered between tanks.

12. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

That is true that most contract companies do buy fords and I know that they would buy the new tonka. I think it's a tight ass truck and is something I would buy in a heart beat. I'll tell you guys something that this truck is tight up close and personal. I saw it at the Atlanta Auto Show in April of 2002 the truck is huge but a must have if your a ford lover like me.

13. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

thats why most construction companys buy ford heavy duty than chev or dodge. lets see ford sold 200,000 deisel equiped heavy duties, why chev sold 170,000 and dodge sold 80,000. stupid people. and this engine if you have read mags recently will be ford new deisel the turque is about 550 but same horse power. and its getting the 5speed gearbox, saving about 25% more gas.
    no wonder ford has the best selling trucks even after 6years of none change.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

retard the new motor built by navistar like all the othes has 325hp and 560lb/ft of torqe compared to 250 hp and 525lb/ft of torqe
    get you stuff right or dont talk

14. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

i have a 97' f-250HD and it happens to ride very nice and as far as reliability goes i also have a 90 f-150 that i beat the iss out of every time i drive and it still hjolds to gether and i have never toutch the engine with 100,000 miles on it

15. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

I MEAN I LIKE THE TRUCK MYSELF AND I DON'T REALLY LIKE FORD BUT I DON'T HATE FORD EITHER ITS JUST OTHER MAKERS I WOULD CHOOSE OVER BUT ANYWAY THANKS FOR CLEARING THE CONCEPT PART OF IT UP BECAUSE WE GOT SOME CLUELESS MUTHA#$%#AS ON HERE

16. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

itŽs a truck not a car. What are you going to do with all that torque?

17. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

yeah tards,ford is the best.im mean how many 60's and 70's model chevys you see out there that didnt have to be restored to run!exactly,ford outlasts any truck,i just love seeing old beater fords and knowing they still got years ahead of em!ford kicks ass!

18. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Would some one please give this guy a hand. What would you use torque for in a truck? that's got to be the "smartest" question i've heard all day.

19. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Lol, i see ur point i mean, torque isnt really necessary in a heavy duty offroad vehicle, torque is needed much more in honda civics and mitsubishi eclipses, sheesh, what was ford thinking.

20. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

its not JUST a concept,its a pretty concept :D.

21. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Are you really that stupid, what do you think they would use torque for?

22. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

haha, you're funny.

23. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

Not as much hp as I would expect, but HOLY SHIT! Look at the torque. This could haul anything you throw at it.

24. Re: Dumb asses its just a concept.....

itŽs a truck not a car. What are you going to do with all that torque?

Yo, are u some kind of joker or something?