Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Discussion in '1980 Styling Garage Spezialkarosserien M1' started by Wheelman, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Even though they're the same, which do you prefer? I like the looks of the Mitsu better. That's about it.

2. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Hands down it's the Eclipse

3. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

eclipse

4. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Depends on gen. For this gen, the Mitsu hands down, for the 1G's I think the TSi is the best looking.

5. Re:

Jesus Christ the damn cars are even, cant you people stop this comparing
    the same car. There the same weight/power/drivetrain, get over it.

6. Re: Re:

they did not say which one is better, they asked which one you prefer, so its a good question, you get over it, they look different. in the 2nd 95-96 they look pretty close except the rear lights and the wings, both of which i like better on an eclipse. on the later 2nd gens 97-99 i like the front of the talon more(big aggressive looking mouth), but the wing and rear of the eclipse. of all the 97-99 either car are better looking than the rest.

7. Re:

Hey man I here this all the time. Everybody i know is influenced by fast and the furious and they say that the talon cant be as good as the eclipse. on a lighter note i do like them both the same (97-99's), but the 1st gen is the best out of all of them, Its lighter and looks better than them all.

For those of you who dont know what a 1g or a 2g is here it is:

1st Gen: 90-94 Eclipse, Talon, Laser
    2nd Gen: 95-99 Eclipse, Talon.

8. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

hmmm, and which one out of the three, (Laser, Talon, Eclipse) is still around today? I do like the styling of the Talon, tho the Eclipse obviously proved more popular...now Plymouth and Eagle are history..

Houston, the Eagle has been discontinued...

Didn't the Eagle start out as a car made by AMC, and become its own brand, or how did that come about?

9. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

I like the Talon. Cool car.

10. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

its really close

but id take the eagle

11. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

eclipse, though i wouldn't mind either of the two.

12. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

well, ive been finding the talon for sale for less money, so if they are the same, i choose the talon

at one point in time my family owned a 90 talon tsi awd turbo

my mom didnt like it, so we sold it to my cousin
    he smashed it up while drunk driving...
    ...BASTARD

i miss that car

but anyways

what should it matter, if i get one, and they are the same(so the talon can use eclipse body kits), ill take the talon

i mean, if i get one of tose fancy aluminum spoilers, a nice ol body kit, and euro tail lights, how can anyone tell that its a talon from the outside?????

talon wins my vote just by cost

13. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

well... here is the thing.. i have a 97 talon awd tsi, and the reason i got it was because it wasnt an eclipse... dont get me wrong here, absolutly nothing wrong with an eclipse.. except everyone and there dog has one.. so i thought it would be cool to get the same car, just a little different style.. and! i love driving around downtown and seeing other talons, cause there arent as many of them out there, so the other owners are super nice and they help me out with mods and crap. but, eclipse/talon... same thing, just different looks

14. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

THe Mitsu-Missile of course,lol
    Eclipse GSX looks way better even though they're the same car,lol
    Anyways Imports Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

i like the looks of the eclipse a little more, dont really know why tho, both are really nice...

16. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

umm #$%# the eclipse just give it to the eagle now and save u some time people!

17. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

but then again the they are the same car u have to leave it to them damn domestic people (#$%# them domestics)

18. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Eclipse no doubt

19. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Talon is a nicer word than eclipse, so based on them being the same car inside and out the talon is what i would pick

20. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

I think Eclipse is a better name but we are all entitled to our opinions.
    Again I pick Eclipse GSX but not because of it's name but it's lines.

21. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Talons and Eclipses are beautiful cars with bang for the buck out the wazoo. Here's the lowdown (in my opinion):

Eclipse:
    Awesome car, beautiful looks, but a little feminine. Most people I know say right off the bat, "Yo that's a b*tch car." While I like it, I have to big a sack to drive one.

Talon:
    Same awesome car, real good looks too (not as pretty as the eclipse) but all my friends say, "That's awesome, it's hot like the eclipse but it's not a b*tch car." And that makes all the difference. :)

22. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

I actually like them both because I have owned both and still do.
    However the talon has more horsepower stock 195 rather than the 190 by the eclipse but i dont like the laser.

23. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

They are the same car DSM (diamond star motors) which is mitsubishi and chrysler made all the 95-99 eclipses and talons the same. Mitsubishi just altered some specs and lights. The eclipse is better though

24. Re: Eagle Talon TSI vs. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Not actually replying...
    I have a question:
    Where'd you get those pics?
    I'd like to find some more.
    Thanx.

25. #25 IMV, Apr 18, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016