Easy weight loss

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 550Maranello, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Normally I weigh around 180 lbs, when I was active and ate decently. Well I stopped being active and ate a little more then I should of and shot up to 210 lbs. Well all I did was start drinking diet pop. I've noticed Diet Code Red Mountain Dew doesn't taste like diet at all and I actually quite like it. It's been close to 2 months now and all I've done was switch beverages and I've dropped to 195 lbs. 15 lbs for just switching to diet is awesome. Note, I still drink a lot of beer and still lost that weight easy as hell. So, if you want to lose a few pounds, I suggest finding a diet drink you like and have at it.

Edit: I'm still losing weight too, so maybe 5-10 more pounds isn't out of the question.

2. I've said this about 500 times on SC.net: diet pop vs. calorie-filled drinks is far and away the easiest way to stay not-fat.

3. Yea it is, I just got sick of drinking sugar all the time so I switched, and the weight loss was a nice bonus.

4. Try cutting out fruit juices as well. You'd be surprised.

5. Great but now you're drinking synthetic sugar which in the long run isn't any better.

6. Discount, future, etc.

7. No, that's retarded.

It's not "synthetic sugar". It's a benign, nutrition-less chemical that also happens to be sweet to taste.

8. That's where I have problems. I drink a ton of fruit juice.

9. first rule of weight loss, there is no easy weight loss

unless you count water weight but thats like a 24 hour kinda loss.

10. Yes, except that they have been linked to cancer, kidney and heart problems.

11. Play with explosives.

12. Don't give me that BS. Syntheic sugar = "nutrition-less chemical that also happens to taste sweet". Splenda is derived and processed from sugar.

13. exactly. anyone who is dumb enough to fall for the whole sugar substitute thing deserves to get cancer. its like anything, you cant have the sweet sugar taste without drawbacks. thats like saying that you can get married while still sleeping around, that shit doesnt work.

14. There are very few drawbacks to artificial sweetners if handled properly (other than some minor taste issues). There is little conclusive evidence linking any of the artificial sweeteners currently in use to major health problems (other than sensitivity in some epileptics).

On a different note, I've been losing weight just by counting calories. Just make sure you stay close to your recomended intake and it's fairly easy (if slow) to lose extra pounds.

15. Or just don't drink them in the first place...

16. Those rumors about all these artificial sweetners causing cancer is simply bullshit.

17. What works for one person is not guaranteed to work for another person. There are far too many variables in ones life to say that switching from regular to diet soda alone will make a 15lb difference, but it's definitely possible.

18. Chop wood for a few hours.

19. There are a whole shitload of nothing calories in soda. If a person normally drinks two cans of regular soda every day (~300 calories) and now they switch to diet soda, that alone knocks out 2100 calories from their diet every week. That's about 2/3 of a pound every week, simply from drinking diet soda, rather than regular soda. That's significant for anybody. Fifteen pounds in two months seems like a bit much for just switching to diet soda, but 5 pounds in two months would be completely reasonable.

20. i need a way to gain weight. after my accident, i cant work (for now), i drink plenty of soda/booze, but my appetite just isnt there anymore.

21. I don't think it's bullshit but I will admit it's not conclusive either way.

I've started cutting out synthetic stuff(pop is bad for this) from my diet where ever possible and I have to say I feel much better as a whole.

22. No, it is conclusive. No studies have shown that using a normal amount of these sweeteners does anything. Now, if you're drinking 75 cans of Diet Coke every day, you might have a problem. That's all that these studies have shown. And Splenda has not been connected IN ANY WAY with cancer or any negative effects. End of story.

edit: grammar

23. Yeah but not many Sodas use spelnda and aspertame in high doses can have long term health effects, even if a bottle a day may be the least of your worries in the long run.