Edge Design Of The GT90

Discussion in '1995 Ford GT90 Concept' started by zphishphan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

"btw, soz about all the stuff about nitrous...i was doin chem homework at the time..."

I'd believe that.

2. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

we, european, we made a supercar drivable and that u can buy...
    bugatti veyron 1001 horses, 4 turbos, 0-300 kph 13 secondes...
    any questions??
    gt 90 was THE american supercar...sorry to say that usa is now far away in question of car production...

3. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

the distinctive ford headlamps were one of the major elements of the 'new edge' design... how come theyre missing on this car

4. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

I'm a die hard Ford fan... but they musta pulled the design for this car straight out of their asses. Sorry.

5. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

my friend BLEU (the nippon car lover...who has watched too many times fast and furious...)
    you're the only one disturbed actually....
    perfect commentS like mine have to be claimed many times...
    and last but not least NOBODY COMES ON THE GT90 FORUM...
    Go in peace brother...and don^t worry i still like you...nobody's perfect...

6. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

my god dude, get a life.

7. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

kma....morons

8. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

This car has a good design!!!!

9. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

actually, nitrogen has a valceny of 5, it needs 3 electrons to complete its outer electron shell.

N2O is what is called a "resonance" structure (kinda like ozone).

but you are correct, nitrous oxide is 2 parts nitrogen per 1 part oxygen.

the deal with nitrous oxide is that it is highly reactive. it is a strong oxidizing agent and reacts with fuels, with metals (aluminum and iron in particular), among other chemicals. basically it's instability adds to the chemical energy of the fuel.

the other thing that occurs in the combustion chamber when using nitrous, is that during the reduction of nitrous, the molecule breaks up and releases oxygen. because it creates more molecules within the combustion chamber it creates intense cylinder pressures. this is why nitrous can easily destroy an engine.

one other byproduct of using nitrous is increased oxides of nitrogen emissions.

10. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

So you are sayign if I like the Mustang I absolutley must liek this or I will be breaking a big important rule? Geez. I'm scared.

11. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

yeah I'm noticing a pattern of triangles.

12. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

I like the spoiler. It comes up when the car reaches somewhere like 110 MPH, providing stability. This car's spoiler actually serves a purpose unlike the common spoilers i see on Jap cars every day which make them look utterly ridiculous.

13. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

Where I live, the only cars that have those are Mustangs.

BTW - for any car, beyond 100km/h (provided the spoiler actually gives downforce) a spoiler will provide better stability.

14. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

ok, wasnt that what i just said? and it doesnt come out at 100 km/h, it comes out at like 100 mph.

15. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

No, it wasn't what you just said, it was in response to what you just said.

I'm referring to the ryced out spoilers, the only cars around here that have ryced out spoilers are Mustangs. Most of the Japanese Imports around here are well tuned, and the majority (of the tuned ones) are faster than any Mustang around here, and none have the ryced out spoilers. Those ryced out spoilers on the Mustangs are out at all times.

And, as long as a spoiler actually produces downforce, even a ryced out spoiler will increase stability beyond 100km/h.

At 100mph, the GT90's Spoiler just angles slightly upwards and increases its angle the faster the car goes.

16. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

Ok, first of all, ive heard ALOT of smack about how where u live only 'stangs are "r-i-c-e-d" out (cant say the "r" word yet). Id seriously like to know where u live, cuz i NEVER see 'stangs with ridiculous mods, rather imports that look like they came from
    toys-r-us. and those imports I see have HUGE spoilers that are fit for the fastest types of race cars. The spoilers i see are just there for show, seeing as how there's no place within 50 miles where u can achieve and are allowed to reach such speeds. Having a HUGE spoiler on an import when all it does is drive daily and drag is what I call stupid, cuz all it does is make the car that much heavier, and decreases aerodynamics, plus puts an imprint on your wallet. Most imports 'round here cant go past 105 on a dragstrip, seriously, so why need HUGE spoilers when you're going in a straight line at less than 110, 115.

And explain what u mean as "r-y-c-e-d out". By that I mean huge spoilers, farting mufflers, gay lights, body kits that leave no room for speed bumps, and ridiculous paintjobs. Ive NEVER seen a stang like that. And if you consider Saleens "r-y-c-e-d" cuz of their spoiler (which actually looks cool, not obxonious) u dont know what the term means. Please, tell me exactly which city you live in, ill keep that in mind in case i pass through there one day.

17. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

"Ok, first of all, ive heard ALOT of smack about how where u live only 'stangs are "r-i-c-e-d" out (cant say the "r" word yet)."

Not just Mustangs, but Cavaliers, Suzuki's, Pontiac "Sunflowers, and Saturns, all of those cars are the most ryced out around here. I live in a small town, and that I know of there are only 2 ryced out Hondas (the rest have been proven to be well tuned, and are relatively low-key sleepers), one of them is an early 90's Accord, the other is a (1993 - 1995 Not sure which year) Civic (EG chassis).

Anyway, doesn't matter how long you're here, you'll never be able to say the "r" word. hint: use r!ce instead.

"Id seriously like to know where u live, cuz i NEVER see 'stangs with ridiculous mods, rather imports that look like they came from"

Castlegar B.C., I'm sure you've seen some ryced out Mustangs, and just didn't think about it. Hell, the production Mustang GT is the ONLY production car that comes from the factory ryced out, without paying more to remove the fake hood scoop and fake wheel well vents. And then there are a lot of well tuned Mustangs (at least for power) I've seen that also had the ryced out 8" tailpipe(s), an overexcessive stereo system, body kit, rear wing (which often don't produce any downforce, half the time when I ask, the owner doesn't even know what I mean), and huge dubs with small tires, and lowered to impractical ride heights. Don't tell me you haven't seen any of those at the very least.

"and those imports I see have HUGE spoilers that are fit for the fastest types of race cars. The spoilers i see are just there for show, seeing as how there's no place within 50 miles where u can achieve and are allowed to reach such speeds. Having a HUGE spoiler on an import when all it does is drive daily and drag is what I call stupid, cuz all it does is make the car that much heavier, and decreases aerodynamics, plus puts an imprint on your wallet. Most imports 'round here cant go past 105 on a dragstrip, seriously, so why need HUGE spoilers when you're going in a straight line at less than 110, 115."

In all honesty, I haven't seen any imports like that around here (I have in Vancouver and Calgary), in fact the ONLY cars I've seen around here with huge wings around here are 1) Mustangs, and 2) the 2004 STi - and that spoiler actually has a purpose.

What about on the highway when you're travelling beyond 100km/h ? it improves handling stability at pretty much any speed beyond that, and on the roads around here, handling is VERY important.

But yes, you're right, those spoilers ARE useless, only hinder performance, are strictly for show, and ARE r!ced out, I never said they weren't, I'm just saying I haven't seen imports with them around here. Yes, I have seen them in Vancouver and in Calgary, and they disgust me when I do, but you never get that around here. Around here people who own Mustangs are generally trying to be "cool", and people who own imports are generally going for practical performance, and trust me, on some of the roads people like to drive fast on around here, driving a Mustang or Camaro is pretty much begging to go off the road.

"And explain what u mean as "r-y-c-e-d out". By that I mean huge spoilers, farting mufflers, gay lights, body kits that leave no room for speed bumps, and ridiculous paintjobs. Ive NEVER seen a stang like that. And if you consider Saleens "r-y-c-e-d" cuz of their spoiler (which actually looks cool, not obxonious) u dont know what the term means. Please, tell me exactly which city you live in, ill keep that in mind in case i pass through there one day."

the very definition of ryced out: any modification to a car that makes it look faster or "cool", but either hiders, or does absolutely nothing for performance.

"Ive NEVER seen a stang like that"

ok, I'll give you an ideal example of one around here, it's always parked in the Safeway parking lot (owner works there), please drive by there if you're ever in the area. anyway, here's a description of the car: 1990-1993 Mustang GT, Lime green paint job, huge rear spoiler that rises 75cm above the trunk lid and extends back by 50 cm it's shape looks like it actually provides upforce instead of downforce, "Shogun" body kit, with no front spoiler, tinted windows, ridiculous stereo system (the trunk has nothing but speakers) stock hoodscoop has been enlarged, but it's still blocked by plastic., hood pins, largely carbon fiber interior, small, chrome, nitrous bottle mounted on the dash - though I don't think it actually works and is just for show (as I've never seen the thing accelerate fast, despite the fact that he tries to race people - and loses regularly), huge dub-style rims, low profile tires, neon lighting underneath (much to my disgust, the local Canadian tire has a huge selection of those, but little else, and nothing in the way of performance), racing seats, and nothing under the hood at all to improve performance, though he has cut the stock suspension to lower it (it's still just as soft as the stock suspension, but rides lower - quite impractical). Would you NOT consider that ryced out? granted, that is the most extreme car around here (in regards to rycing).

18. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

wow, seems like your neck of the woods are totally opposite of mine. Here in LA, the only ryced cars are civics and their acura bretheren. Seriously. I dont consider the current stangs ryced out cuz sure the body parts are there for looks, but they dont make the car look adsurd. And dont think i hate all asian cars. The preludes from a few years ago actually look rather good, even with a moderate spolier. What im talkin about is the average acura rsx with a 2 ft high spoiler that totally blinds the driver from seeing behind him, THATS stupid. Sure, some people ryce their stangs out here (i admit it, its shameful), but its nowhere near as bad as what the asian rycers look like, honest to God. And i wouldnt call the GT's hoodscoop a rycer feature for 2 reasons. Ill bet u anythin that it atleast functions to cool the engine down a tad, ATLEAST, and #2 cuz it's reminiscent of the hood scoops of the muscle cars from yesteryear. Remeber the 01 Bullitt? Thats why they made the hood scoop for the mustang in the first place, to be reminiscent of the stang in Bullitt. Ford then just borrowed the same hood for their current GTs, something i personally like. Your definition of ryced out is similar but not the same as mine. When i say it i mean RIDICULOUSLY altered, like i described above. Plus not to mention the farting mufflers and neon lights.

19. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

Actually the GT's hoodscoop is blocked by a plastic sheet, no air gets into it, that's why it's ryced, as it actually produces drag (if very minimal) and is only there for looks. Same with the sidescoops.

20. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

Actually, that plastic sheet has holes in it. The sheet is there to prevent any debris from getting in (thats my guess).

21. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

That would be cool. Unfortunately I'm afraid it's not the case. In most cases when the hoodscoop is filtered, there's a screen. Also, they're just cheap plastic that could not possibly be porous, I also asked a Ford Sales rep once, because I was wondering about it for a while, and one day was right near a ford dealership and decided to walk in and ask.

22. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

#$%#ing Beautiful, that and the speed make it an mazing car to veiw.

23. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

In that case Id just knock out the filter, get maybe an extra 5 horses. Almost every previous mustang had FUNCTIONAL hood scoops, why did Ford stop here?

24. Re: Edge Design Of The GT90

All I know is that it's been like that from the early 90's to now, and it's rather ironic.