Electric shavers

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aych Es Vee, Feb 14, 2011.

1. is there such thing as a good one?
    Because I would like to buy it if it exists.

All the sub-$100 ones I've tried are no good for my thick stubble. Probably need something $200+

2. i use a philishave that i have since i was 16 or so. but yeah, like you said, it's not good enough. i have to use a razor to finish it off most of the time.

3. I had a Phillips which wasn't really good though, so I switched to Braun, but both are sub 100 bucks. Don't know how much better the expensive ones are.

4. never had a good one

the one I have (50% broken) is a Phillips that cost 250$ and is worth JACK #$%#ING SHIT

5. I bought a $50 Philips. It works ok.

6. I have a remington

It both shaves me and kills ghetto trash bags

7. does it fill up your fleshlight as well?

8. I have some Remington one. I have to use the trimmer to make the hair very short, then go back over with the normal razor. It gets a pretty close shave that way, but if I don't do it like that it'll tug or make my skin irritated.

However, it is fast and convenient.

9. only his friends

10. you need the special wog-spec philishave

11. just grow a beard

12. #12 Veyronman, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  13. haha as if , I think we have all seen a pic of you. you look like you could grow a beard as well as macaulay culkin...

14. ok kid

15. oh I'm wrong ?

16. yeah, it's def burner actually

17. Ya the douchebaggery cannot be matched

18. Gerber Mark works fine.

19. Have a Norelco. Probably just north of $100 at the time, and it works great for me. I'm not the clean-cut type though.

20. I have some Philips thing. Its alright for every day when I'm being lazy and just want to get out of bed and go. But if you wanna clean up you really need to use a razor.

21. #21 Wheelman, Feb 14, 2011
    No. I've tried them all, they only work on guys with thin facial hair. Anyone with a super thick beard like me will break electric shavers often. I also can't use a Mach 3 because it gets stuck, and razors with more blades are even worse and they get clogged and useless. I recommend a double edge razor.

http://leisureguy.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/merkur38c.jpg

22. #22 SuprJames, Feb 14, 2011
    I've never broken an electric razor and I've been using this one at least 5 years. The one before that needed new blades and they had discontinued them so I had to buy a new razor. Probably last just as long if not longer.

I even use it to shave my chest......daily!

23. depends on how thick your pube hair is
    just use scissors and nair

24. My dad bought me one of these old Remington Microscreen shavers when I was 16. Remington used to make these out of frame rails sourced from shipping yard cranes, and they ran on diesel fuel. This was the only electric shaver I did not break, however I did have to replace the screen every 6 months.

I have no faith in electric shavers. Be a man, use a blade.

25. My dad bought me one of these old Remington Microscreen shavers when I was 16. Remington used to make these out of frame rails sourced from shipping yard cranes, and they ran on diesel fuel. This was the only electric shaver I did not break, however I did have to replace the screen every 6 months.

I have no faith in electric shavers. Be a man, use a blade.