Electronic controled top speed, 120mph...

Discussion in '2003 Mercury Marauder' started by Delorean DMC-12 Rocks, Aug 10, 2002.

1. i guess with its handling and braking capabilities(challenged...)it wouldnt be a safe high speed vehicle. its a safty thing.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Electronic controled top speed, 120mph...

Damn. I understand the saftey issue involved, but if this is true, then I am disappointed. Ever since introduced, I have been looking for a estimated top-speed. It just doesn't seem far to let such a car have a limit such as that.

3. Re: Electronic controled top speed, 120mph...

It's not true. I dont know what the limit will be.But I have been over 130 in my 03.100% stock.Later.

4. Re: Electronic controled top speed, 120mph...

If my stock P71 can do 150+, so can this.

5. Re: Electronic controled top speed, 120mph...

hmmm...anyone know stats for Mercury Grand marquis?

6. Yes- a stock 03' Marquis put's out 249h.p. and 275ft/lb. The 1/4 mile is 16.5 or so. This of course with an extra low 2:73 axle ratio. Imagine the possibilities!

7. people always underestimate these "granny" cars. why do you think old people buy them? they are easy to maintain, luxurious, good quality, and a steal for the price you pay. and, ive noticed, they tend to be quite quick, and the numbers for hp and torque are usually very underrated.