Elvis had one then. . . . .

Discussion in '1986 Detomaso Pantera GT5-S' started by DC286, Aug 9, 2002.

1. one morning when it didn't start, he shot it!! Personally I think it ugly!

2. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

yeah i heard that too. aparantly this car was a peice of crap. it was super unreliable and just disintegrated after puting a bit if milage on it.oh, and it looks like a hot wheels car.

3. C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

It looks good...
    Speed limited to 165 - surely thats not bad...
    0-60: 5.4secs...
    0-100: 13.1secs...

Show some respect!

4. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

Hey man...I love these cars in fact one of my best friends has one. I dont think they get the respect they deserve either. They look cool and they are small cars with a big ford engine and Italian design. Good Stuff

keep talkin to me about this -i just love panteras

5. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

u have to be a car guy to know them thats there problem
    not enuf publicity<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

clarify that for me....the whole car guy thing

7. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferozhokie</i>
    <b>clarify that for me....the whole car guy thing</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

u would have to do a little searching around and a litle reading in car mags just to find out about them in most cases

alot of the ppl i know that have heard of them don't even care so they had luck i guess<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

thats 2 bad cuz these cars rock<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

never realized this car was even here its nice though<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

This version of the Pantera looks sublime and is a great performer. One of the few cars that can rank near a Countach for looks. Sadly its lack of public respect is probably due to this car's forerunners, which appear rather lacklustre in their design.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

I want one. Think what this thing would do on the backroads. sweet chassis with good low end power, what more could you ask for.

12. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Cam1</i>
    <b>It looks good...
    Speed limited to 165 - surely thats not bad...
    0-60: 5.4secs...
    0-100: 13.1secs...

Show some respect!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dont get me wrong...i love the car, but 165, c'mon. i can hit 110 in my stock 3.9L V6 dodge dakota.

13. Re: C'mon... Why hasn't anyone created a thread!

its a joke...you know, ha-ha?

you guys are killin me

14. Cool Car

This car is really cool. I've stood next to one while it was driving out of a parking lot, and it is the loudest car on the road, and is probibly the best-sounding. Although, if seen from behind, it does bare a suspicious reseblence to the Lmborghini Countach...

15. Re: Cool Car

i say. but then again, alot of cars look like other ones, thats how it all starts and continues. a truely fine car i may add as well.

16. That an FE or a small block...

Yo Brown... is that a Cleveland or a Windsor under the hood?? Cleveland, wasn't it?

17. Re: That an FE or a small block...

yep <!-- Signature -->

18. Re: That an FE or a small block...

yea, its a cleveland

19. one morning when it didn't start, he shot it!! Personally I think it ugly!

20. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

yeah i heard that too. aparantly this car was a peice of crap. it was super unreliable and just disintegrated after puting a bit if milage on it.oh, and it looks like a hot wheels car.

21. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

ya I heard that to, it looks like a scruded up countach

22. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

well.. it seems like a good drivers car and offers pretty good performence as well !!

23. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

Elvis was a lunatic...and allt hough I like these cars, they are unreliable for sure. But what was from the 80s?

24. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

The car suffered from too much engine, not enough cooling. A common ailment to rear engine cars. Now a days, there are of course ways to correct all those "little factory mistakes".

25. Re: Elvis had one then. . . . .

**ALSO** if you do a little research on the vehicle itself, the Pantera, with the 351C suffered from a pretty common 351C ailment: poor oiling system. There is an article on a site in the Pantera WebRing regarding a gentleman who had replaced the 351C with a 351 Windsor. Very interesting reading.

Mike C.