enough

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by 427 Z06, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: enough

that 1001hp is based on the european scale in the SAE net it makes 947hp.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: enough

anyway why does every one think that cuz it has 1001hp and a top speed of 250mph makes it the best ever if you had to choose between the Mclaren and this which would u pick?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: enough

On the SAE scale, the horsepower is closer to 980. I never said it was the best ever. However I think that given what we know about the Veyron (which isn't much) and given the performance capabilities of the last Bugatti, this car has the POTENTIAL to dethrone the McLaren F1 as the king of production supercars. Now, as to which I would pick, I don't know yet. This car hasn't been tested so I honestly don't know for sure how it will perform. I think it looks better than the F1, but that's just my opinion. I think if I were handed the keys to either car I would be happy and drive it for a while, then sell it, pay off my house and college loans, buy my wife a nice car, put money away for the kids' college, and buy a Porsche GT2.

4. Re: enough

Okay, after rifling through my text books, DIN hp = SAE net hp X 1.0139. Or, SAE net hp = DIN hp / 1.0139, so 1001.1 hp DIN = 987.3 hp SAE net.

5. Re: enough

Correct, Monkey. You sound like a smart, levelheaded guy, the kind this site really needs.

6. this car wieghs about 4000lbs needs a 16 cylinder engine with 4 turbos to produce power just like every other VW product just add AWD a bunch of turbos and try to make it the fastest in the world and try making overweight while your at it. if it wieghs 4000lbs it cant handle a race track and i know its a luxury tourer so its not likely to race it at a track but if its a luxury tourer it should'nt have a W16 with quad turbos.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: enough

The turbos are for producing that massive amount of low/mid range torque. It keeps Bugatti from having to make the engine 10 or more liters to produce the same amount of torque. I assume you dig American muscle cars (given your signature), so you should appreciate loads of torque. As many people (including myself) have pointed out on other threads, to produce 125 hp/liter (as this engine does) in naturally aspirated form, it would have to rev really high and produce much less torque, similar to those "ricers" your signature bashes.

Now, IF this car handles as well as the Bugatti EB110 (which happened to weigh 3900 lb), then you wouldn't be saying a nearly 4000-lb car doesn't handle worth crap. The EB110 pulled 0.99g on the skidpad. Will this do the same? Nobody knows yet.

With all-wheel drive, this car should be able to put that 1001 hp to the ground just fine.

8. Re: enough

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 427 Z06</i>
    <b>this car wieghs about 4000lbs needs a 16 cylinder engine with 4 turbos to produce power just like every other VW product just add AWD a bunch of turbos and try to make it the fastest in the world and try making overweight while your at it. if it wieghs 4000lbs it cant handle a race track and i know its a luxury tourer so its not likely to race it at a track but if its a luxury tourer it should'nt have a W16 with quad turbos.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Dumb ass. You dont have any idea how heavy this car is, or how it handles. No one does yet. <!-- Signature -->